I have recently bought a Galaxy S7 and am now trying to work out how to transfer my contacts (not synced with Google), my Sony calendar (not on Google calendar) and my texts. Smart switch doesnt seem to be compatible with Xperia SP. I tried Share It with my contacts but the S7 didn't seem to like the file it received I've had a look around but can't seem to find anyone else that's worked out how to do this and posted a solution online. Any hints on how I do this transfer?
    06-28-2016 02:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! In general, you'll have to export your contacts and calendar info to a file, then import that data to your Google Contacts and Google Calendar. For contacts, see this section of my guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ml#post3707512. For calendar, see this page: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en
    captfbgnet likes this.
    06-28-2016 10:16 PM
    Or you can just download Samsung Smart Switch to your Sony phone from the Play Store and follow the instructions. It will transfer contents of the phone to the S7.
    06-29-2016 12:53 AM
    Or you can just download Samsung Smart Switch to your Sony phone from the Play Store and follow the instructions. It will transfer contents of the phone to the S7.
    The OP mentioned that Smart Switch doesn't seem to work with the Xperia SP.
    06-29-2016 11:57 AM
    Yeah I have found a couple of other phones that are not compatible but I always download this copy from APKmirror and sideload it to my phones, it has always worked great.
    06-29-2016 12:21 PM
    If I remember correctly the desktop version of SmartSwitch can do it too. If he hasn't tried that it's worth a shot.
    06-30-2016 06:42 AM
    If I remember correctly the desktop version of SmartSwitch can do it too. If he hasn't tried that it's worth a shot.
    Oh, I figured the OP was talking about the desktop version--but you're right, maybe he was talking about the app ...
    06-30-2016 12:05 PM