I just traded up form the Moto X to the S7 and am happy overall. One thing I dearly miss is Moto X's "Active Display". It's like the S7's "always on" display, but with the ability to show notifications from any desired apps on the "sleep" screen (the black screen before the lock screen). One can simply pull the phone out of one's pocket to see if there are any waiting messages (e.g., WhatsApp, calls, SMS, Trello, etc.) and then swipe a notification on that screen to jump directly to that app.

I've tried DynamicNotifications (even paid for the premium features) and was very disappointed. I've seen AcDisplay mentioned, but it apparently doesn't play well with the S7 in certain ways (e.g., fingerprint unlock) and it was last updated in the Play store nearly a year ago.

If anyone has any other advice for an alternative solution, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    JR
    Ry likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:37 AM
    I haven't tested it, but have you tried Peek? It was supposed to be the direct competitor to AC Display last year. Honestly though, I turn off the AOD anyway.
    06-28-2016 03:52 AM
    I haven't tested it, but have you tried Peek? It was supposed to be the direct competitor to AC Display last year. Honestly I turn off the AOD anyway.
    06-28-2016 03:52 AM