Stupid battery question...

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
How do I get the detailed graph for battery usage on the S7? I just got the phone on Sunday and I seem to be draining about 1.5-2% per hour just sitting at night or at my desk at work. I'd like to be able to see the full graph like my other phones. Those I just tap on the battery graph and it shows things like cell signal, wifi, awake, etc. I keep tapping my graph on the S7 and nothing! Is it there? My Moto X Pure is running 6.0 and it still comes up.

Also - is there a way to quickly get to the battery stats vs. tapping the gear icon and then battery? The MXPE I just tapped on the battery after pulling down but there is no battery on the S7, just the gear icon and quick menu.

Lastly, is 1.5-2% per hour seem normal? It's higher than my MXPE running 6.0.

I have everything "on" just like my Moto. BT, Wifi, AOD (had the Moto version on too and that was an LCD screen so lit up more), etc. I dont want to have to turn things on and off all the time, the phone needs to just work as I use it mainly for work and need a lot of that on almost all the time.

** before I get the comment, yes I can charge it every night and normally do with my phones, I left it off the charger since it is brand new and I wanted to check battery usage while in my 14 day trial period **

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I get the detailed graph for battery usage on the S7? I just got the phone on Sunday and I seem to be draining about 1.5-2% per hour just sitting at night or at my desk at work. I'd like to be able to see the full graph like my other phones. Those I just tap on the battery graph and it shows things like cell signal, wifi, awake, etc. I keep tapping my graph on the S7 and nothing! Is it there? My Moto X Pure is running 6.0 and it still comes up.

Also - is there a way to quickly get to the battery stats vs. tapping the gear icon and then battery? The MXPE I just tapped on the battery after pulling down but there is no battery on the S7, just the gear icon and quick menu.

Lastly, is 1.5-2% per hour seem normal? It's higher than my MXPE running 6.0.

I have everything "on" just like my Moto. BT, Wifi, AOD (had the Moto version on too and that was an LCD screen so lit up more), etc. I dont want to have to turn things on and off all the time, the phone needs to just work as I use it mainly for work and need a lot of that on almost all the time.

** before I get the comment, yes I can charge it every night and normally do with my phones, I left it off the charger since it is brand new and I wanted to check battery usage while in my 14 day trial period **

Phones need a break in period of a few days before the battery settles down. When you unboxed the phone, The OS and the kernel were getting things settled between them (usually happens on every new phone and a major OS update), updates were being checked for both the OS and Google.

As of today being the third day you have had the phone, most of that background stuff is done. Now you just need to wait until the battery breaks in. I'm just taking a guess here, but by Thursday, you should be seeing some major differences.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply on the battery settling. I know it has to sync and update (had two software updates already - Verizon phone) but I wasnt expecting so much overnight drain.

Any tips on getting the detailed battery graph?

grpweld

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Settings,system,Battery scroll to the bottom!

My S7 eats the battery up in 7 hrs! My wifes S7 goes for 2 days & we use it the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers