Group text from iphone to galaxy s7 looks like coming from one person to me

A

AC Question

Hi! I used to have a Galaxy S5 and on that there was a way to enable group texting. There were some weird side effect about group texts from iphones, but I just put up with it. I just got an S7 and I don't see any way to enable group texting.

The only work-around I see is sending a group text to any variations of sub-groups of my friends, in order for my stupid phone to see it. Even then, I'm not sure it'll work (I haven't been able to test this theory yet).

Earlier today a friend of mine sent a group text (I could tell from the context, and the fact that I seemed to get texts individually from other friends that seemed like it must be part of a conversation).

I know there is an Android and iPhone conflict, but screwing customers doesn't seem like such a good way to go. Surely there is a solution to this problem?

Help?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "solution" is for someone to stick an Apple up Google's [you guess where] and light the fuse.

Apple has been promising to "look into" the problem for a few years now. If I took that much time to analyze a problem and write a software fix, I'd be breaking rocks for a living. (IOW, they're not going to fix it. Who are you going to put out of business, Apple or Google?)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I used to have a Galaxy S5 and on that there was a way to enable group texting. There were some weird side effect about group texts from iphones, but I just put up with it. I just got an S7 and I don't see any way to enable group texting.

The only work-around I see is sending a group text to any variations of sub-groups of my friends, in order for my stupid phone to see it. Even then, I'm not sure it'll work (I haven't been able to test this theory yet).

Earlier today a friend of mine sent a group text (I could tell from the context, and the fact that I seemed to get texts individually from other friends that seemed like it must be part of a conversation).

I know there is an Android and iPhone conflict, but screwing customers doesn't seem like such a good way to go. Surely there is a solution to this problem?

Help?

Thanks!

Not sure if this would work. Apple and their iMessage has been a disaster on group messages for android users.
From home, tap Apps > Contacts .
Tap Groups, and then tap a group.
Tap More > Send message.
Tap Recipients to edit the group's members receiving the message.
Continue to enter your message and send it. For more information, see Text and Multimedia Messaging.