Why does my Podbean app start to automatically play every time I get a notification for any app?

areyesareyes

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
In the last couple of days, my Podbean app has started to play whenever I get a notification. I'll often be playing a podcast, pause it, go about my day, and later on unpause it and continue listening to whatever I was listening to earlier. Now, if I don't completely shut down the app, it starts to play automatically every time I get a notification for anything at all. Voicemail? Podbean starts to play. Someone mentioned me on Facebook? Podbean plays. Instagram, Snapchat, Etsy, Zulily, you name it! I get a notification, and the podcasts play. Help! How do I make this stop??

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well you could try asking the Podbean devs. This isn't exactly an S7 issue, so you're sort of hoping there's another Podbean user here who knows the answer.

areyesareyes

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I thought it might be something I had clicked on the app settings that made my phone do that, and so thought it might be an S7 issue. I did email the developers, they were on it right away (lots of people with the same issue) and last night got an email to download the latest upgrade. That bug was one they fixed on this upgrade. Good luck, Candice! I was about to delete the app too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer