Thinking of swapping my Nexus 5X for the S7.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to get some thoughts, hopefully from users who have used both devices. I currently have a 32gb Nexus 5x. I love pure Android. Camera is solid. Performance is wonderful. The battery life is garbage as it was on the N5... I can't make it through a full day without plugging in which has become a real Inconvenience. Since I didn't use my phone upgrade with sprint and bought my 5x outright I still have an upgrade available. I can get the S7 for $99 on contract. I've never used a skinned version of Android before and really do like being first in line for updates. But the bigger battery, camera and water proofing are all very appealing. So for anyone who has used both devices which would you prefer? Is battery life on the S7 worth ditching the 5x for?

Posted via the Android Central App

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this helps but Best Buy have the S7 for about $50 with a free wireless charger right now

Posted via the Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had both and the S7 is a far better phone. It is skinned android, but I don't mind it at all. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had both and the S7 is a far better phone. It is skinned android, but I don't mind it at all. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

+1..the last Samsung device I used was a galaxy nexus prior to captivate.. and since then I've been a huge stock Android fan( used nexus 4. and 5 and oneplus one with cm).. I was mainly interested in s7 for the size.. I was pleasantly surprised!. the phone is fast and the TouchWiz interface is toned down a lot.. apply material dark theme and use a different launcher.. the phone looks totally different☺️.. I am a medium user and the battery lasts me over 24hrs comfortably... I happy with the device so far.. btw.. I am using the exynos s7 variant

AC @ s7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie