Facebook using battery even though it's been disabled

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Recently I noticed Facebook was using about half the power that my phone lost during a certain period so I disabled and turned off all permissions. I just took my phone off the charger and it looks as though the Facebook app is still using large amounts of battery. Any way to prevent this?

Posted via the Android Central App running on my Galaxy S7

Attachments

• 28104.jpg
    28104.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 51

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
And that's surprising how? I don't use FB app and it's disabled, nonetheless I found Facebook processes under Android. Good thing I can disable those too. To find those processes, get gsam app and look under Android, in the list of mumbo-jambo and you'll find the android.facebook something-or-another.

Posted via the Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
And that's surprising how? I don't use FB app and it's disabled, nonetheless I found Facebook processes under Android. Good thing I can disable those too. To find those processes, get gsam app and look under Android, in the list of mumbo-jambo and you'll find the android.facebook something-or-another.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have no idea what that means

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't uninstall. It's pre installed on the phone. Only disable

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It means a) you have to root the phone to uninstall the app and b) a lot of apps draw current even when they're turned off. (BTW, that's not the Facebook app, it's a stub that the Facebook app can connect to if you install it.)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm good. I didn't fully charge my phone, only to about 84% so the battery stats never reset. That 50%+ has now shrunk to 29 and it'll keep shrinking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol