Unable to use Google Account to Backup Data

Rwlao86

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I had recently upgraded to a new Samsung Galaxy S7 and noticed that I am not able to back up my data.
When I go into Device Settings -> Backup and Reset. I can see the Google Account, in fact, it even has my e-mail address there.
But everything is greyed out and I can't seem to turn it on?

I attached a screenshot.
Hoping someone else has ran into this issue and has a fix for it.

Thanks in advance

Unable to Backup Google.jpg

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Samsung thinks their system is better and is encouraging forcing you to use theirs if you want a backup.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Google backup should be allowed even if Samsung has one. I initially had both enabled until I realized it's a waste of resources to have both. Anyway, first think I'd check is if you have turned off master sync.

I must inform you though that currently Google Backup has a bug that's preventing Doze, hence consuming more battery. With an S7, while I do have Samsung backup on, I also make backups on Helium+SmartSwitch, since in my experience, Google Backup covers less apps than Helium.

Rwlao86

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey Chan Chan,

Thanks for the response, I checked my google account settings and all the sync is on.
Another odd thing I noticed today, is I tried enabled Developer Options, and that as well is all grayed out.

Could it be because this is my work phone, and it has an Airwatch Agent Encryption/etc.?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Ah, AirWatch is a possibility. My phone is connected to work using MobileIron but their policies don't block those settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar