Recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and I have an odd issue with the Snapchat app.

While recording video on Snapchat app, it records the audio in slow mo BUT the video is standard. When I use the rabbit filter, the audio then is standard speed, but he video is faster.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple times. Restarted phone. No success.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    07-11-2016 11:43 AM
    Recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and I have an odd issue with the Snapchat app.

While recording video on Snapchat app, it records the audio in slow mo BUT the video is standard. When I use the rabbit filter, the audio then is standard speed, but he video is faster.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple times. Restarted phone. No success.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I know it sounds weird, but bare with me here!

Go into your camera app. Check your video settings. Are you recording slo-mo in there? Something like "1080P 120fps"

If you are, change it to 30 or 60FPS or even 24. Then try.

If it's at 30, try switching it to slo-mo and doing a snapchat vid. Report back!
    07-11-2016 11:54 AM
    I know it sounds weird, but bare with me here!

Go into your camera app. Check your video settings. Are you recording slo-mo in there? Something like "1080P 120fps"

If you are, change it to 30 or 60FPS or even 24. Then try.

If it's at 30, try switching it to slo-mo and doing a snapchat vid. Report back!
    Setting (default) - FHD 1920x1080 also tried 60 fps version of this setting. Same thing on snapchat.

Set camera to slow mo & took snapchat video. Still the same.

Note* - This issue on snapchat is the same front & rear camera. (i didn't mention that in original post)
    07-11-2016 01:21 PM
    Setting (default) - FHD 1920x1080 also tried 60 fps version of this setting. Same thing on snapchat.

Set camera to slow mo & took snapchat video. Still the same.

Note* - This issue on snapchat is the same front & rear camera. (i didn't mention that in original post)
    I'd reboot the phone, then go into the google play store and see if you have any updates available!
    07-11-2016 01:28 PM
    I'd reboot the phone, then go into the google play store and see if you have any updates available!
    Snapchat had a new update recently (either Saturday or Sunday) and I was hoping that was goingto be the fix, but it wasn't.

Just rebooted. No new updates.
    07-11-2016 01:47 PM
    Snapchat had a new update recently (either Saturday or Sunday) and I was hoping that was goingto be the fix, but it wasn't.

Just rebooted. No new updates.
    And it still doesn't work right?

IT could be a firmware thing. You might have to wait for Samsung to release an update for this to get back to normal. :/
    07-11-2016 01:52 PM
    I'm curious if this is an issue with other GS7 Actives. I find it hard to believe no other GS7A owners don't have snapchat. LOL I have seen no other cases like mine.
    07-11-2016 03:21 PM
    And it still doesn't work right?

IT could be a firmware thing. You might have to wait for Samsung to release an update for this to get back to normal. :/

Posts4 Posts
    I'm curious if this is an issue with other GS7 Actives. I find it hard to believe no other GS7A owners don't have snapchat. LOL I have seen no other cases like mine.
    07-11-2016 03:43 PM
    Posts4 Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem bought the phone yesterday. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet
    07-11-2016 10:08 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem bought the phone yesterday. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet
    Yessss. I'm not alone! lol I'm probably heading to the AT&T store this week for other things, but I'll run it by them.... I'm sure it will be a waste of my time.
    07-12-2016 08:01 PM
    Great news. Yesterday's newest Snapchat update fixed the issue I was having. All good now.
    Thanks for everyone's help!
    07-13-2016 03:43 PM