Best quality photos at night

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Everyone have seen the commercial of samsung that you can make amazing photos with such a great lightning quality... now I ask you all, how the @^#/×* do you do that?? Trying everything but cant figure it out!

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It would help if you explained what issues you are having, is it a particular scene your having problems with or just low light photos in general. Can you show some examples.

As a rule auto isn't bad but be aware that it using a high ISO on any camera will produce noise.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
34b44ea2d93016a62062c73b12b59438.jpg

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Something like this? Little bit dark inside.. find it so bad and ugly.. doesnt compare with the commercial

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Everyone have seen the commercial of samsung that you can make amazing photos with such a great lightning quality... now I ask you all, how the @^#/×* do you do that?? Trying everything but cant figure it out!
Never try to duplicate the pictures you see in marketing or promotional material. They are taken by professional photographers in stages scenes.

They are never taken by a hack like me just whipping out the phone wherever and taking a pic.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yup. The ones in the commercials were done by professional photographers adjusting the settings in manual mode to fit the situation. They can't be replicated by pulling out the phone and just shooting.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The camera has exposed for the room your in. Was HDR on, that's the only thing that would help. even using my DLSR it would struggle with that particular situation on auto.

It's worth putting some time in to get to know pro mode and the settings.
Also low light photography is about using the available light you have to your advantage. Again it's worth reading up on some of the matierial available.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the shots posted by Samsung on their promotional material, you're gonna need a trained eye and quite a bit of equipment to even get something remotely similar to those shots.

Those were shot by professionals using tripods and other photography gear while using manual mode. These likely weren't shot in seconds. They took time to line-up the shot and wait for the ideal time before taking it.

However, that doesn't mean the camera on the S7 is bad. It's excellent, one of the very best you can get right now, actually. Getting the shots shown on promo material is possible. You just need a trained eye and quite a bit of equipment. Much, MUCH easier said than done.

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree with D13H4RD2L1V3 (interesting name). When I had a Sony Ericsson P990i (Symbian UIQ3) during its haydays, I took some pretty amazing pictures with its 2MP cam.
Its secret was the long list of settings that I developed a knack for manipulating (manually) for certain types of shoots. You need to understand your phone, its cam (abilities), what you want to take a picture of and the environment involved. These factors get you thinking towards how to get amazing results, along with a few not-so-good shots that help point you in a "righter" (excuse my English there) direction.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The camera has exposed for the room your in.

That's the bottom line here. Photography is a lifetime pursuit for those who love and study it. It take some good training and development to create good photographs. While the cameras on these smart phones are astounding, they are limited buy the fact that they are not professional DSLRs and most of the time not being used by those in the know. Do a little studying on the basics of photography and it'll serve you well for a lifetime of shooting.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree with D13H4RD2L1V3 (interesting name). When I had a Sony Ericsson P990i (Symbian UIQ3) during its haydays, I took some pretty amazing pictures with its 2MP cam.
Its secret was the long list of settings that I developed a knack for manipulating (manually) for certain types of shoots. You need to understand your phone, its cam (abilities), what you want to take a picture of and the environment involved. These factors get you thinking towards how to get amazing results, along with a few not-so-good shots that help point you in a "righter" (excuse my English there) direction.

Haha you seem to only see letters and numbers in his name, it reads DIE HARD TO LIVE.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
In lowlight, you do not want your HDR to be on as it causes additional noise in the end result.

Also play with the exposure slider as the S7 has a tendancy to overexpose the shot most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar