How do I make the Samsung Galaxy S7 look like the iPhone 6?

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
after I posted last night I thought of that as his reason but thought it had to be more than that because of wanting to make it look like a iPhone. I used apple pay today at McDonalds and no matter how often I go into that particular store there is still one cashier that is amazed. So I am looking forward to shocking them with Samsung pay - especially since their window stickers say we honor Android Pay and Apple Pay

Mike022465

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Why is android central deleting my posts? I posted nothing offensive, so why?
This is what I wrote:
There are certain skins available on Google Play that you can download, but you need to install the corresponding launcher for those skins to work. I too came from a iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung S7, and I can honestly say, I don't miss iOS. You have so MUCH freedom with Android, it isn't even funny. I do recommend poking around the Google Play store for skins and launchers, and you just might find something that tweaks your interest more than iOS. Don't mean to sound like a donkey, but there's a great wide ocean of choice for you, take advantage of it... just my 2 cents Canadian. :D

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If you don't like Android, I predict you will return to iOS in the not-to-distant future. :) It's a shame you got used to iOS. Android is far more useful. But, whatever. Just get the products that have the system software that YOU prefer. You can't change an Android phone into one that operates/feels like iOS (thank god).

Not a chance Dave. Once I switch to Android I'm not going back. Honestly, I just like the look of iOS and how the notifications appear on my iPhone 6.

These are the reasons why I want to switch from an iPhone 6 (iOS) to a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android):

1. Samsung Pay
2. Be able to hide apps I don't want or use
3. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is water resistant
4. The Samsung Galaxy S7 has wireless charging
5. You can customize your phone and do so many things with it

You can't use Samsung Pay on the iPhone. You can't hide apps you don't want or use on the iPhone. The iPhone is not water resistant and you can't wireless charge it. You can customize the iPhone but your limited in what Apple lets you customize

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Why is android central deleting my posts? I posted nothing offensive, so why?
This is what I wrote:
There are certain skins available on Google Play that you can download, but you need to install the corresponding launcher for those skins to work. I too came from a iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung S7, and I can honestly say, I don't miss iOS. You have so MUCH freedom with Android, it isn't even funny. I do recommend poking around the Google Play store for skins and launchers, and you just might find something that tweaks your interest more than iOS. Don't mean to sound like a donkey, but there's a great wide ocean of choice for you, take advantage of it... just my 2 cents Canadian. :D

Thanks Mike!!!! I already have a certain background that I'm going to use. I think the only thing I will miss about the iPhone is iMessage. I also want to switch to Android for one of the reasons you mentioned: So much freedom with Android. With iOS you don't have a lot of freedom and I don't like that. I've already looked around the Google Play Store for launchers and icon packs. Hopefully I'll find something I like. I've had the iPhone since the iPhone 4 so it's kind of hard to stop using iOS. I'm just so used to it

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
To be frank, the iPhone 6s actually does have a certain degree of water resistance.

Though it's more like the HTC 10, in the sense that it's more for splashes, not really for dunking into water.

Posted via the Android Central App

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing for nothing i own both androids and iPhones but just for Samsung pay seems pretty dumb seriously.i literally used Samsung pay once not worth going thru all this I'd just as much use my card before trying to reinvent the wheel. especially to amaze a cashier

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I switched from IOS to android I couldn't be any happier. IOS just looks so boring and cartoonish it just doesn't make a premium phone feel like a premium phone. When I first switched to android, I didn't think I would like it as much but it turns out that I prefer it to Apple any day. In the end, it's all up to the user, but I won't be surprised if you end up liking the operating system sooner or later for android

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Nothing for nothing i own both androids and iPhones but just for Samsung pay seems pretty dumb seriously.i literally used Samsung pay once not worth going thru all this I'd just as much use my card before trying to reinvent the wheel. especially to amaze a cashier

To each his own. Your opinion means nothing to me. I just want to use a mobile payment that works at 95% of places. If you think getting the Samsung Galaxy S7 for Samsung Pay is dumb that's your problem.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I switched from IOS to android I couldn't be any happier. IOS just looks so boring and cartoonish it just doesn't make a premium phone feel like a premium phone. When I first switched to android, I didn't think I would like it as much but it turns out that I prefer it to Apple any day. In the end, it's all up to the user, but I won't be surprised if you end up liking the operating system sooner or later for android

Thanks for the advice Iva_LadyDiCaprio98!!!! By the way....you're cute

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
After my wife has seen what I can do with my S7, she's hinted she would switch to Android from her iPhone 5. She's getting tired of Siri -- but likes the look/simplicity of the iphone.
I too, OP, would like to know what you ended up going with for your phone.
* Launcher
* Theme
* Icon Pack
* Misc tweaks

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

WOW! My wife and I have received over $90 in gift cards (we choose Best Buy gift cards) by just USING Samsung Pay. Guess you don't know what you are missing. They have tons of promotions like "777". And if you think we use SP to impress a cashier, well, that's just nuts.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not the person with this lame thread taking about impressing cashiers so good for you and the wife congrats.
You aren't making sense, since YOU wrote,"Nothing for nothing i own both androids and iPhones but just for Samsung pay seems pretty dumb seriously.i literally used Samsung pay once not worth going thru all this I'd just as much use my card before trying to reinvent the wheel. especially to amaze a cashier"

And you don't have to "congrats" me for mentioning that we have gotten over $90 in promotional gift cards, all long redeemed. In actuality, I figured it out and we got $100 in gift cards to be exact. Cheers!

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting an Android because I want to be able to completely customize my phone. I'm also getting an Android because I want to use Samsung Pay as stated previously. I just don't like Android's operating system.

You want to customize it to look like the iPhone you upgraded from so you could customize your phone? You realize that's why so.e folks here are scratching their heads, right?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting an Android because I want to be able to completely customize my phone. I'm also getting an Android because I want to use Samsung Pay as stated previously. I just don't like Android's operating system.
Wait.. Then that will be a problem. No matter what your phone looks like, you will have Android OS and it will behave as Android OS.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Probably wants it like an iPhone because that's what they're used to using. With everything setup the same place they may be more comfortable with using it.
I use Nova Launcher on all my Android phones and have them all set up the same because it's easier just to grab a phone and don't have to look at it twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678