Granted I don't know if they're using my battery or not, but some things like chrome have the force stop option under application manager and I haven't opened it since I turned my phone back on. And on fallout shelter after I exit the game and clear my recent apps list and go to it via battery it shows force stop grayed out, but if I go into application manager then it's force stop is clickable.
    07-19-2016 05:40 PM
    Some apps launch themselves at boot (for instance, if you selected push notifications from Chrome at some point, it would load some services into the background for this... battery usage is minimal, but still running). Also, clearing the apps from the recent list not always closes or shuts down the processes as they may persist (so for the purpose of ads and background data downloads). If you force-close an app from the Application Manager, however, it should stop UNLESS it's programmed to re-spawn itself if a certain required process isn't running (most messaging apps are like this, since they need certain processes running to be able to receive background messages).
    07-19-2016 05:59 PM