Your AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S7 CAN use either Qi or PMA wireless chargers

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record in case anyone is doing a search regarding the Samsung Galaxy S7. Just like the S6, the AT&T version does work with either PMA wireless charger (Samsung model anyway, EP-PG920A $50 at AT&T) or the Samsung Qi charger EP-PG920IBUGUS, abt $27 Amazon.
I was unable to find a definitive answer scouring the net, specs for the S7, and asking a salesman at an AT&T store, if a less expensive Qi charger would work for my AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S7. So I purchased the PMA version and later, after getting an unexpected Amazon Gift Card, purchased a Samsung Qi charger. Both came with 2 amp power supplies. Both work seamlessly. No issues, no heat, no precise placement requirement, no pinging when fully charged. Did not measure time to full charge since I use the chargers overnight.
Hope this helps someone like me, who searched but could not find a definite answer regarding the AT&T version of the S7 using either PMA or Qi charging. However, let me add that not all chargers are equal, and some manufacturers of inexpensive wireless chargers suggest removing the case to get their charger to work. Kind of defeating the convenience of wireless charging. Both of my Samsung chargers worked through a rubbery case, with no problem.