I'm Sending out SOS Messages (Not on Purpose)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had this SOS feature set up since getting my phone at the end of March. I'd even forgotten about it and would have no idea how to send out a SOS if needed:eek: In the last 3 weeks or so, I've accidentally hit the power button three times in rapid succession on 4 separate occasions. I had to Google to even find out how I was sending a SOS. What are the odds I'm accidentally doing this all of the sudden? I finally disabled the feature but I'm wondering if there is a glitch/bug . It's a nifty feature...sends a text (I think with an alarm) to the people you assign to it, sends a 5 second audio and takes two pictures. Family is getting a little tired of it tho <lol>

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This kind of thing can happen if it's in your pocket or purse. Is that when it usually happens?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No Diddy. Every time it's happened I've had the phone in my hand. In order to activate the SOS feature, the power button has to be pushed three times in rapid succession. Seems like they've made it pretty hard to accidentally activate. I've either managed to outsmart them <g> or there is a glitch. I've disabled it for the time being. I didn't even remember I had set it up (much less how to send out a SOS) so it wouldn't have done me any good ;)

Megan Diveley

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me yesterday, but made my phone freeze for a half hour, so my husband and mother, and mother-in-law were in panic mode because I wasn't answering my phone or responding to texts. I know for certain I did not activate it, my phone was on the counter when it happened, so I think this is a new glitch. Mine is a Galaxy Note6 through Verizon.

Ksteinmann

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
My phone is doing this on my desk without even touching it. My family and friends eventually stop paying attention and when I do have a true emergency I guess that I will be left for dead!

Kimberly Dubrul

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
I've had 3 SOS sent from my S9+ by accident. Phone has been in my purse and on my nightstand. Had to turn it off, which sucks. Cuz I am on chemo and there may be a time when I actually need to send an SOS, but I can't keep putting family in a panic. I've not hit the button 3 times quickly, but I must have hit it 3 times in a row and it sent. Maybe they should have chosen the button on the left that you don't use all the time. I wish there was a way for you to choose the button yourself.

Retha Cook

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening with my S10! It contacted my boyfriend and the Sheriff's Office. Never heard from the sheriff's office but my boyfriend did call in panic mode. Does anybody know how to fix it other than just turning it off? I've had to delete my emergency contacts. I wondered if it was me the first time it did it but a week later it did it again while I was asleep so I know I didn't do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon