How to see all email accounts via bluetooth

A

AC Question

Only able to see gmail and text via bluetooth

My car (2013 BMW 3 series) has the ability to display my emails and text messages, yet for some reason I cannot see either my hotmail or work email that both set up on Samsung S7 through Exchange. Any idea why I can only see my text messages and gmail, but not the other email accounts?

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Only able to see gmail and text via bluetooth

Welcome to Android Central! Is the car interfacing with Google Now? If so, that's probably why it can only show your Gmail.

MBCHCCubs

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

I did a little more experimenting and it appears that whichever email account is set as default, that is the one that appears in the car. Is there any way to get all 3 of my email accounts to appear?

I don't believe the car is interfacing with Google Now, it is just picking up the emails via the MAP Bluetooth setting.

MBCHCCubs

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I recently picked up an S7 and notice that I am only able to see emails from the "default" email account via Bluetooth in my car (2013 BMW with the Office feature). My phone currently has 3 email accounts set-up on it and with my previous BlackBerry phone I was able to see emails from all 3 accounts in the car along with text messages. Any ideas on what I can do to be able to view all emails over Bluetooth? I do have the "Message Access" option selected on the Bluetooth settings for the car.

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll be able to help, since I only use Gmail.:-\ Does the email app have a combined inbox that you can set as default? Although I figure this still wouldn't work for the car display.

MBCHCCubs

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

Yes the email app that came with the phone has the ability to view a combined inbox, however it does not allow the combined inbox to be set as default (only individual email accounts).

Thanks for merging the threads.

RK_BB

Trusted Member
Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I recently picked up an S7 and notice that I am only able to see emails from the "default" email account via Bluetooth in my car (2013 BMW with the Office feature). My phone currently has 3 email accounts set-up on it and with my previous BlackBerry phone I was able to see emails from all 3 accounts in the car along with text messages. Any ideas on what I can do to be able to view all emails over Bluetooth? I do have the "Message Access" option selected on the Bluetooth settings for the car.

Thanks in advance.

Not only I have the exact same issue you do but I too had a BlackBerry that showed all 3 accounts in my BMW...were you able to resolve the issue since?

RK_BB

Trusted Member
Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
@MBCHCCubs I did some testing and it looks like it's an issue with Samsung's email app. I sent them a feedback using Samsung Members app. Please do the same if you are still a Samsung user.