In the past few weeks, photos and videos have been disappearing from the Gallery on my Galaxy S7 phone. It seems to have happened since updating the software to Android Version 6.0.1, but could have started earlier. I've noticed that several times trying to access my photos in the Gallery, my phone gets stuck at a white screen and locks up. But I don't think the photos and videos disappearing are necessarily related. I've just had a number of photos and videos disappear a few days ago, and my phone has not locked up. Fortunately, my photos and videos have been saved/backed up to Google Photos, but it is very disconcerting that this is happening at all. All the videos I have recently taken disappeared, and about 50% of the photos.

I contacted Samsung, and they say this is not a known issue and asked me to Factory Reset my phone. I have seen some similar issues in the S6 Forum, with some S7 users also experiencing this problem. The Samsung Backup application got stuck at 0% and after some gyrations with Samsung Support I gave up, at least for now.

Has anyone experienced this and did a Factory Reset solve the problem?
    07-26-2016 12:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the photos saving to Internal Storage or the microSD card? If the latter, it could be a bad card--try a different card.
    07-26-2016 12:25 PM
    Internal Storage, although the card has been kind of wonky.
    07-26-2016 12:29 PM
    Just to be sure, Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then see if the problem persists. If it does, then try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24999
    07-26-2016 01:31 PM
    Thanks, I unmounted and removed my SD card, and I'll report back in a few days to see what happens.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-26-2016 06:13 PM
    After a couple of weeks without my SD card, I have not lost any photos or video. The micro SD card is a 64 GB Kingston XC I card. I replaced it with a 200GB SanDisk XC I card and so far so good. I guess it was the micro SD card which was bad or incompatible.
    08-16-2016 02:42 PM
    I am experiencing this problem. I have lost half my photos and they were NOT backed up. I have not done a factory reset but have done about everything short of that.
    08-19-2016 03:17 AM