New S7 Took all Pics from SD card folders and put in (1) Camera folder, NEED FIX please!

stacr

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Recently purchased the S7.
The rep at Best Buy transferred my SD from older phone into new S7.
Thank goodness the pics are there, but all of the folders I set up are empty and all 5,000+ pics are mixed together in one 'Camera' folder.

Is there a way to get the pics back into their proper folders?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to reorganize them yourself. How were they laid out?

I would also suggest you look into some sort of cloud backup... stuffing that many pictures on a phone is playing with fire a bit. These halls are filled with the angst ridden cries of people who lost their photos and had no backup copies in a secure storage.

stacr

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you LeoRex.

What a hassle. I'd have thought if they were organized already on the SD card, they'd stay formatted that way.

I have numerous folders for Craigslist/People/Vacations, etc....
They are saved on Google Photos.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
kinda wondered why he didn't just leave the pics on the sd card? anyway yeah if you have a pc I would back the important data up because you never know when that sd card may decide to flake out...I moved a Samsung micro sd card from phone to tablet then back to phone and it became corrupted...luckily I back up 4-5 times a year

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. I'd blame it on the rep as to how he transferred the things. The photos should not have changed in locations if he just transferred the SD card.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... you could have just left them on the SD card....

But such is life.... Maybe this will give you an excuse to start leveraging Google Photos' ability to search and index pictures. :) It's pretty slick.

stacr

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Exactly what I thought.
My friend just got an S7 also and there wasn't a problem with them transferring his SD card.
That's what you for assuming they know what they're doing.