I went from an S3 to an S7 today. I have a couple of mp3's I want to use as ringtones. where do I need to put them on the phone to be able to do that? Wha are the steps to using them as ringtones?
    07-26-2016 09:38 PM
    Settings - sounds and vibrations - ringtones- now scroll all the way to bottom of the list and you get the option to use ringtone from device.... I have the house of the rising sun on mine...
    07-27-2016 02:12 AM
    The best thing to do is use put them on your SD Card and use them for there.

The setup works like this:

Make a new folder on your SD Card called 'Media' (without the 's). Inside of that directory, make another directory called 'Audio'. Inside of that directory make 3 more directories called 'Alarms' 'Notifications' and 'Ringtones'. Whatever mp3s you have put in each of those directories you want to use whatever type of ringer you want them for Alarms, Notifications or Ringtones.

You might be asking yourself why the hell would I want to do all this. The beauty of doing this is now all your MP3s you have prepped to use as ringtones, show up and are sorted right along side of the default Samsung device ringtones. So you would use whatever is already built into the phone to change any ringtone or sound notification and just pick yours from the standard list. For instance, Pick 'Sounds and Vibration' from the settings menu and then 'Ringtone' once you get there and all your MP3s will be included in the ringtone list that comes up to pick from. Do not use one of those stupid downloadable ringtone launcher/changers. Just do this. Then you can make all your own ringtones from MP3s if you are comfortable with editing MP3 files. This won't edit the files for you, you can do that yourself on your PC very easily, this just integrates them with your phones operating system.
    congaman59 likes this.
    07-27-2016 05:59 AM
    there is already a folder called "media" on the xd card. It has a directory in it called "com.amazon.mp3 . Can I use that folder or do I need to make a new one?
    07-27-2016 10:15 PM
    You can use that media folder as long as it is at the root of the sd card. Just make all the other folders I suggested inside of that one.
    07-28-2016 05:59 AM