Slightly nervouse about switching to the S7

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Basically, this will be my first phone that does not have a user replaceable battery. My current Note 4 is using a third party battery because the official replacement battery I bought from the Samsung store inflated and had very poor life out of the gate. The third party battery has performed wonderfully. It seems like after a year, most phones I buy, the battery is just not lasting the way it was when I bought it new. After a years time, what will be my options for getting the battery replaced on this phone if I plan to hold on to it for a while? After all, I'm still using the Note 4....

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'd like to know your charging practices as to how you are getting poor battery life and expanding batteries. My 3 year old Note 2 and 4 year old Tab Plus are still on their original batteries with no signs of trouble.

But then, the lifespan of a battery under moderate abuse is 600 charge cycles which do get used up in about a year. Deteriorating battery life after a year is an expected phenomenon for moderate to heavy usage.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If the non-replaceable battery of the S7 bothers you before buying the phone, it will probably nag at you the entire time you own the phone. Why buy something that will be a major concern all the time you own it? You may be better off buying a phone with a replaceable battery. The LG G5 comes to mind.
BTW, I've had no battery issues with the last few phones I've had (LG G3, HTC One (M7), HTC One Mini) even though their batteries are replaceable, and it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue with iPhone users.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from an S6 to the S7 and my device is reporting 24 hrs of battery life. Yesterday my S7 was off the charger at 5:00 am and by 6:00 pm I still had about 60% life left. Of course, YMMV depending on how you use your phone, cell tower strengths, etc. Another nicety of the Galaxy S line is the wireless charger, which makes it very easy to charge your phone at your desk at work or at home. You might consider getting a S7 Edge model since that has a higher capacity battery than the S7. Finally, there's battery pack cases you can get to extend battery life (albeit, your phone will get bulkier and heavier).

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I shared your trepidations regarding the non replaceable battery before I went forward with my S7 purchase, this is my first non-replaceable battery phone.

I've only had this for about 3 weeks and so far the battery life is outstanding. I go to bed 35-40% every night after 3-4 hours screen time, 1.5-2 hours phone. I do not participate in Facebook or stuff like that so I don't have those battery draining apps on my phone. It charges so fast that I can give a quick plug in for 15-30 minutes and I'm good to go. I did purchase a car charger since I'm not able to replace my battery and I haven't used it so far but it's there just in case.

Yesterday I took the battery off at 6:00am, used it as I normally would until 12:00, then used it for periodic navigation from CT to MD, went to bed at 12:00am and had 5% left. Pretty darn good IMO. That's 18 hrs off the charger and some good use.

I think I'm over my sealed back phone phobia, of course there will be times that I curse it but I anticipate those days to be quite rare if the performance I'm experiencing now is not compromised over time.

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I'd like to know your charging practices as to how you are getting poor battery life and expanding batteries. My 3 year old Note 2 and 4 year old Tab Plus are still on their original batteries with no signs of trouble.

But then, the lifespan of a battery under moderate abuse is 600 charge cycles which do get used up in about a year. Deteriorating battery life after a year is an expected phenomenon for moderate to heavy usage.

Honestly, I just throw my phone onto the charger every day while I sleep (I work 12 hour night shifts). I use a sleep monitoring app to track how well I'm sleeping, and it recommends that I keep the phone plugged in while I sleep so the battery isn't dead when I wake up and so that it will properly sound the alarm to wake me. Sometimes I need to charge the phone up midday due low battery.

Either way, I pulled the trigger and bought it, so I guess we will see...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan