I got the S7 a month ago and posted a few questions about the battery but now it's just getting weird. when I first got my phone and fully charged it the battery life/usage time told me it had 24:24 worth or time which seemed normal to me and stayed that way every time I charged it till I started playing games on it, that's when max charge went down to 22:16 or something like that. When I started playing Pokemon go like crazy and ended up using the Samsung fast charge battery pack on it because I was low and not at home the max charge ended up around 20:14 to 18:18 or something like that for a while and it was really concerning me but didn't seem to drain faster, just changed the time of it's max life. I ended up getting one of those wireless fast charge stands from Samsung and using that for when I slept so it would be charged when I had to go to work and because it stops charging once fully charged, at least it says it does. After using that for a while the Battery life began to climb up to about 46:12 last Saturday which seemed impossible and now it's down to 36:32 today and lost 10% of battery life in an hour and a half without doing much more then texting people over messages, Skype and Telegram and browsing the web for maybe five minutes.

So to sum everything up, is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know anything about it? Is my phone screwed?
    08-09-2016 03:46 PM
    The estimated battery life is based largely on your prior usage patterns. So if you've been using it relatively sparingly, it will estimate the battery life to be longer, since it's assuming you'll keep using it that way. If you've been playing games more (especially Pokemon Go, which is a battery vampire), then it will start revising that estimate downward, since it assumes you'll continue playing that game the way you have been.
    08-09-2016 06:44 PM
    To echo above, if I just use my phone for answering texts it will estimate time remaining based on that specific use.

I've gotten as far as "8 days remaining" on a slow day. I know the phone won't last that long under normal conditions, so I just don't even worry about it.

For Pokémon GO? I've gotten as bad as "1 hour 46 minutes" on about 50% battery (which is a pretty accurate measure if I were to play non-stop) but of course that number went back up slowly after I started to do other things.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:33 PM
    It's all down to usage.. it's an average of the last few days of usage. I use to get at least 30 hour remaining from a full charge but after a good few days of increased usage it went down to around 20 hours from full. And is constantly changing between the two based on my usage payterns over the past few days.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 07:51 AM