Cased or Not?

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I never put cases on my phones except now but mainly because I wanted to hide that flashy gold back.

I do see a necessity tho with the S7 with all that glass. One drop in the wrong place can be a disaster.

However, I miss how great the phone feels without a case, I miss the slimness and it bugs me how I need to remove the case when using some audio jacks.

At this point I'm 50-50. I like the security and stealth with a case but I miss the great feel the phone has in my hand and that audio issue.

What about you guys? Anyone go "naked?"

thecycleoflife

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
What brand/model case are you using that gets in the way of the audio jack's?

I enjoyed the slimness of this phone with no case for several days because I couldn't decide which case to get. But that ended on the 3rd day I had the phone when it slipped out of my pocket and hit the wood floor.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I find trying to hold on to the S7 (nekkid) like trying to hold a greased pig <lol> No way would the thing still be alive if I wasn't using a case. My case of choice (starting with my S5) has been Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Slim and incredibly protective with adding just barely there minimum bulk. I've already dropped the S7 way more than I did the two years I had my S5.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My S7 is way too slippery without a case. I opted for a ultra thin case just to make it slightly more grippy and help protect the back and sides from scratches.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea glass + slippery is a bad formula. I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal on mine, so I still get to show off the phone and protect it at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
You would be silly not too. It would be an accident waiting to happen a very expensive one at that.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everyone that uses a thin case for their s7.

It was virtually impossible for me to hold the phone right out of the box. it was so slippery to hold, as if I was in the shower trying to grab a wet bar soap! A thin (clear) case was is the way to go for me!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Naked is great but I like my thin Jetech because it was about $5 and it keeps me from accidentally pressing buttons all the time.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have hip leather cases for my phones so when I use them they are naked.

I did get out of a car the other day and my S7Edge dropped onto the concrete floor. The leather case meant there was not a scratch on my phone.

So I use them naked and carry them totally covered.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
At least a bumper but for those first while when I'm babying ottetbox or when I go camping just to help keep it a bit more secure.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use the Obliq Naked Shield Clear kickstand case. Got it off Amazon and it was pretty cheap. It is super low profile and super clear almost like not having a case. It offers really good protection because I seem to drop my phone all the time on the worst surfaces. I like having a kickstand and it works great. I have a black phone and the wife has a gold one and the case looks great on both.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314471

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok it stays in the case haha

I only had it out for about 10 minutes till I got all paranoid.

I mean, ALL of my other phones have dents, chips and scratches all over. But they were all plastic.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Black Spigen Slim case for me. Offers a bit of protection and a whole lot of grip compared to the naked phone.

Make it so.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Case

I have two currently. Not large enough to become an impediment, but enough to help with grip and offer a bit more protection. There are many options to consider but I prefer the slimmer cases.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Black Spigen Slim case for me. Offers a bit of protection and a whole lot of grip compared to the naked phone.

Make it so.

I have this one and just today got the Cimo...Very similar but the Cimo allows for better access to the buttons since the case covers them, unlike the Spigen.

I wouldn't call either of them "grippy". Only marginally better for grip, but enough that it helps.

UPDATE: After a day with the Cimo, I've swtiched back to the Spigen. The back on the Cimo has an odd feel in comparison so I guess the Spigen isn't so bad after all.

:) :)

Last edited:

everlightdark

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Cases are the best way to go! It may just be me and the fact I love cute things but there are a variety of cases out there especially on Etsy which is where I get my cases from!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol