Hey guys. I have wanted the S7 since launch but never made it happen. I had been using a 1st gen Moto G and decided to stick with the budge route when I purchased the 3rd Moto G a few months ago. That was damaged so I'm back to the 3 year old+ 1st gen G which is painfully slow and has a horrible camera.

My question is: is it a bad time to buy the S7? I don't want the Note due to size, but with the new Nexus line being around the corner I am hesitant to pay full price on the Galaxy S7. I'm just worried a price drop is around the corner; if there was a discount or some sort of VR or smartwatch promo, I'd probably get it in a heartbeat.

I go on vacation soon and want a nice phone, I can't take my moto dinosaur on this trip. By the way I am on T-Mobile, thanks for any input, people!
    08-10-2016 08:36 AM
    Not sure if there are any sales coming up. I think I would at the very least wait until the new Nexus are announced. At least that will give you an idea if those are going to fill your needs for a phone.
    libra89 and hybrisate like this.
    08-10-2016 09:37 AM
    Geez, I got my new S7 on the secondary market for mid $400s. Not sure why anybody would pay full retail for these things right now. And yes...it was new, same as my wife's Note 4 she just picked up cheap (I'd take it over the Note 7 any day)
    08-10-2016 03:50 PM
    Hey guys. I have wanted the S7 since launch but never made it happen. I had been using a 1st gen Moto G and decided to stick with the budge route when I purchased the 3rd Moto G a few months ago. That was damaged so I'm back to the 3 year old+ 1st gen G which is painfully slow and has a horrible camera.

My question is: is it a bad time to buy the S7? I don't want the Note due to size, but with the new Nexus line being around the corner I am hesitant to pay full price on the Galaxy S7. I'm just worried a price drop is around the corner; if there was a discount or some sort of VR or smartwatch promo, I'd probably get it in a heartbeat.

I go on vacation soon and want a nice phone, I can't take my moto dinosaur on this trip. By the way I am on T-Mobile, thanks for any input, people!
    I don't think it is a bad choice. With paying full retail, you don't see too many sales that drop the full retail price. The s7 is still a solid choice and will easily be leaps and bounds better than your current device.
    hybrisate likes this.
    08-10-2016 10:27 PM
    I just grabbed one this past Friday..
    I paid outright full price @ BestBuy
    And they even had the 930U on the shelf !!
    Significant upgrade from my S5 !!
    hybrisate and Premium1 like this.
    08-11-2016 12:37 AM
    Geez, I got my new S7 on the secondary market for mid $400s. Not sure why anybody would pay full retail for these things right now. And yes...it was new, same as my wife's Note 4 she just picked up cheap (I'd take it over the Note 7 any day)
    Secondary market as in where? Swappa, eBay or the like? I have yet to find it less than $670 from major retailers, as far as the U.S. Unlocked version goes (930U mentioned below.)

I just grabbed one this past Friday..
    I paid outright full price @ BestBuy
    And they even had the 930U on the shelf !!
    Significant upgrade from my S5 !!
    That's what I'm looking at as well. I was hoping a Best Buy competitor would have a better price so I could get it locally with a price match. Still no luck, but I might just do the same thing you did.
    08-11-2016 01:09 PM
    Secondary market as in where? Swappa, eBay or the like? I have yet to find it less than $670 from major retailers, as far as the U.S. Unlocked version goes (930U mentioned below.)

That's what I'm looking at as well. I was hoping a Best Buy competitor would have a better price so I could get it locally with a price match. Still no luck, but I might just do the same thing you did.
    They are all over eBay in terms of price. I have had success using eBay (if you are not comfortable you could always use swappa) those sites will save anywhere from $100-$200+ off full retail from stores like best buy etc. If you are on a GSM carrier, I would go that route and get the exynos version (seems to have much better battery life).
    08-11-2016 01:19 PM
    Secondary market as in where? Swappa, eBay or the like?
    Swappa, I got mine from a person who had a 2/1 deal and only needed one phone. Others sell in "like new" condition but are new, probably can't list as "new" since they aren't a licensed retailer. They're not hard to find, just shoot over there and you'll see, if not wait a day or so but they're popping up quite often now. I just don't see the point in paying full retail when a little elbow grease you can get $300 off pretty easy.

08-11-2016 06:03 PM