whats the best screen protection for the galaxy s7

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

This has pretty much been beaten to death. Basically the screen of the S7 has slightly rounded edges to blend in nicely with the metal edge and any tempered glass protector is flat therefore it can't extend to the edge of the screen and instead has to be cut short, short enough to look terrible and not fully cover the active part of the screen. Even when they're cut short they still halo around the edges. When manufacturer have tried to mold curves into the protectors the results have been marginal and many cases pop the edges of them up so you get a halo again.

Films work better with this screen but I haven't found one I'm happy with, they've all been "sticky" feeling and nowhere as nice as a tempered glass one.

This will help give you an idea of the issues:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...55944-what-screen-protector-you-using-s7.html

scopus

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
This has pretty much been beaten to death. Basically the screen of the S7 has slightly rounded edges to blend in nicely with the metal edge and any tempered glass protector is flat therefore it can't extend to the edge of the screen and instead has to be cut short, short enough to look terrible and not fully cover the active part of the screen. Even when they're cut short they still halo around the edges. When manufacturer have tried to mold curves into the protectors the results have been marginal and many cases pop the edges of them up so you get a halo again.

Films work better with this screen but I haven't found one I'm happy with, they've all been "sticky" feeling and nowhere as nice as a tempered glass one.

This will help give you an idea of the issues:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...55944-what-screen-protector-you-using-s7.html

not covering the entire screen wouldnt that make it better for use with a case? i think with the case on the edges wont be so noticeable and if covered entire screen wouldnt that make the case make the protector come off, even plastic ones? I need a protector that will always stay on since i will be taking it in and out of case often for gear vr.
i wouldnt feel comfortable at all without a case,much more important than screen protector,
n id get the plastic ones but ah i hate them, wanna retain the look and feel..
thanks

Last edited:

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
not covering the entire screen wouldnt that make it better for use with a case? i think with the case on the edges wont be so noticeable and if covered entire screen wouldnt that make the case make the protector come off, even plastic ones? I need a protector that will always stay on since i will be taking it in and out of case often for gear vr.
i wouldnt feel comfortable at all without a case,much more important than screen protector,
n id get the plastic ones but ah i hate them, wanna retain the look and feel..
thanks

I guess that depends on the case you select. There should be plenty of pics on the link I posted, also check out Amazon and the customer reviews, that should help steer you.

And yes, I hate the film protectors too but it's the best option for me anyway. Always hoping they come out with one that actually doesn't feel horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez