s7 Samsung pay with chip enabled cards fail to work in Walmart.. This makes Samsung pay useless! any insight?
    I have only one non chip based card and that's the only one that works..

Note: this is specific to Walmart alone.

Thanks.

AC @ s7
    08-15-2016 08:34 PM
    Same happens at Home Depot... It must be something with their settings on the terminals...

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 08:56 PM
    Yeah it's really annoying!
    08-15-2016 09:38 PM
    The only card that I use with Samsung Pay is a CHIPPED Citi Double Cash card. It's worked everywhere including Walmart. I've made 6 successful purchases with it at WM and had 2 failed attempts. No idea why the two failed. I might have been able to work with it but I didn't want to hold up the line. I get the biggest (and best) "wow what is that/that won't work here" dialogs at Tractor Supply<lol> Today the cashier saw me hold my phone to the terminal and said "wait, what is...you can't do that". The phone had given the confirmation beep before she could finish her sentence :P I'm using this for the pure entertainment value and double cash back rewards. I get to have fun (while it lasts) and get 2% back on my purchases...I go right home and make a payment for the amt charged.
    08-15-2016 09:58 PM
    The failures are probably debit cards as Walmart terminals do not let you select between debit and credit which is necessary for the chip-enabled debit cards. The self checks usually work since the customer can select between the two.
    08-16-2016 07:33 AM
    Nope. All of mine are credit cards.
    08-16-2016 09:08 AM
    same here.. are all credit cards... companies are competing against each other and in the process crippling technology solutions that can work everywhere... it's frustrating.

AC @ s7
    08-17-2016 05:31 AM
    I've tried Walmart Pay (once) aligned with a chip enabled cc. It works nicely and I like the concept. (Open Walmart app, select Walmart Pay, take a picture of the Q code, automatically charges to cc and get electronic receipt). I wish that would become the universal standard, rather than Tap & Pay or doing the Samsung swipe.
    08-17-2016 10:39 AM
    I'm okay with whichever solution that makes life easier. But different solution for different store, provider, manufacturer etc.. is a PITA.

At some point they should standardize one or may be a couple of methods.. waiting for that day..

AC @ s7
    08-17-2016 10:58 AM
    s7 Samsung pay with chip enabled cards fail to work in Walmart.. This makes Samsung pay useless! any insight?

Thanks.

AC @ s7
    Useless? Is Walmart the ONLY place you shop?
    08-17-2016 01:04 PM
    not the "only" store ... this happened at a few other stores as well.. just picked Walmart as an example to vent out my frustration.. but yes I do frequently buy stuff at Walmart.. I know it sounds as if I'm judging just based on one store from my post.. but that's not the case.

AC @ s7
    08-17-2016 02:39 PM
    A good reason I'll not be adopting this until it becomes universal.
    08-17-2016 03:00 PM
    Sadly, Samsung Pay still does not work on unlocked international versions such as those purchased through Amazon Model SM-G920I .
    Just wondering if anyone has found a workaround for the international version.
    J
    08-17-2016 06:56 PM
    Sadly, Samsung Pay still does not work on unlocked international versions such as those purchased through Amazon Model SM-G920I .
    Just wondering if anyone has found a workaround for the international version.
    J
    unfortunately i think this is region specific. I have an s7 from Panama. I had to flash firmware from a different region that allows Samsung pay to get it working.

AC @ s7
    08-18-2016 06:13 AM

I don't believe I've ever had Samsung Pay not work at Walmart, but sometimes I have to try twice. It will give a card read error the first time. Clear everything, try again, and it will usually go through. This is with a chipped card.

I've tried Walmart Pay (once) aligned with a chip enabled cc. It works nicely and I like the concept. (Open Walmart app, select Walmart Pay, take a picture of the Q code, automatically charges to cc and get electronic receipt). I wish that would become the universal standard, rather than Tap & Pay or doing the Samsung swipe.
    I like the concept of Walmart Pay too, mostly because it automatically uses any gift cards available, and then will finish the payment with a credit card if necessary. It also works with pretty much any iOS or Android smartphone.

I do have one big complaint about Walmart Pay; it is way too slow to use! It takes forever to get to where you need to be. You need to make sure the QR code is up on the screen. Then, you need to open the Walmart App, scroll down until you find the Walmart Pay shortcut, tap it, authorize it (PIN, fingerprint, etc.), and finally the camera will open. This is OK if you're using a staffed checkout lane, as you can do this while your items are being scanned. But at the self checkout, you cannot do this and need to do it either before or after scanning your items.
    08-18-2016 07:18 AM

I do have one big complaint about Walmart Pay; it is way too slow to use! It takes forever to get to where you need to be. You need to make sure the QR code is up on the screen. Then, you need to open the Walmart App, scroll down until you find the Walmart Pay shortcut, tap it, authorize it (PIN, fingerprint, etc.), and finally the camera will open. This is OK if you're using a staffed checkout lane, as you can do this while your items are being scanned. But at the self checkout, you cannot do this and need to do it either before or after scanning your items.
    Last time I used Walmart Pay with a cashier, the Q code disappeared before I could get my phone ready. But during the checkout, a bar appeared on the terminal that read "Walmart PAY". I pressed the bar and the Q code reappeared, I used the WP app and the transaction went through,
    08-19-2016 08:00 PM
    Just used Samsung Pay for the first time this morning at Walmart with no issues. I used Galaxy S7 edge USA unlocked version, Wells Fargo Debit with chip, and tracfone wireless.I placed my phone on magnetic stripe reader while cashier was scanning my items. I had to enter my pin and that was it. I used my phone so fast the cashier didn't have time to notice what I was doing.
    10-18-2016 09:14 AM