At&t offered me a "like new" Galaxy S7 for my G3 with Camera issues and $100. Should I do it?

mond858

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
At&t offered me a "like new" Galaxy S7 for my G3 with Camera issues and $100. Should I do it?

I LOVE my G3. Unfortunately, the rear camera will not focus and takes nothing but blurry pictures. Filed a claim with at&t and they offered a "like new" Samsung Galaxy S7 for my G3 plus a $100 detectable. Really was leaning towards buying a Samsung Galaxy Note 7. After lots of thinking, it is just too expensive for me. Now, leaning towards giving the S7 a shot. Would love to hear some feedback from people that have had both phones and how they compare. Also, please let me know if you think this is a fair trade. Thanks!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: At&t offered me a "like new" Galaxy S7 for my G3 with Camera issues and $100. Should I do it?

So you'll get a referb unit for your G3 + $100?

That's probably a pretty good deal... I had a G3 and my wife has an S7 now. It's hard to compare the two as they are separated by two years.

I'll ask you this... what features do you like the most about your G3? That'll tell me volumes.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: At&t offered me a "like new" Galaxy S7 for my G3 with Camera issues and $100. Should I do it?

I enjoy my S7 over my G4 all day!! Go for it.

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

I had both the G4 and now i have the S7. I absolutely love my S7 and like it better than my G4 by 1000%. The only thing that i miss from my G4 (and it is not the bootloop) is the ability to set up my "home" so when i leave my house the WiFi turns off and when i get home my WiFi turns on automatically. I am sure i could find an app to do that, just too lazy.

jakeuten

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

A 2 year upgrade? You'd be crazy not to.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah.. had some time to think... For $100 they are turning your broken two year old phone into a new one... Used or not, that's a good deal.

There are, of course, a few sticking points... Like if you hate hardware buttons, etc... But you're not going to get a better deal

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I LOVE my G3. Unfortunately, the rear camera will not focus and takes nothing but blurry pictures. Filed a claim with at&t and they offered a "like new" Samsung Galaxy S7 for my G3 plus a $100 detectable. Really was leaning towards buying a Samsung Galaxy Note 7. After lots of thinking, it is just too expensive for me. Now, leaning towards giving the S7 a shot. Would love to hear some feedback from people that have had both phones and how they compare. Also, please let me know if you think this is a fair trade. Thanks!

I think it is more than fair. S7 is a top of the line phone, even refurb is worth $300+ more than your G3 especially with the camera issues you mention.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Get the S7...
You'll thank us later.

mond858

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

Just got the S7 last night. Love it so far. Thanks everyone. :)