Location Tags not showing up on photos

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I enabled my camera setting to allow for location tags on my photos but when I go to my gallery and go to details nothing shows up under location. I have GPS enabled at all times on my S7 so I don't think has anything to do with tracking where I am, all my other location enabled apps work quite accurately with GPS only enabled.

I use my camera primarily for record keeping on my job sites and after a while they all look the same, adding location to them helps juggle the memory on which site I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I enabled my camera setting to allow for location tags on my photos but when I go to my gallery and go to details nothing shows up under location. I have GPS enabled at all times on my S7 so I don't think has anything to do with tracking where I am, all my other location enabled apps work quite accurately with GPS only enabled.

I use my camera primarily for record keeping on my job sites and after a while they all look the same, adding location to them helps juggle the memory on which site I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Hey there. You won't actually be able to see the location data through the info on your phone. At least not stock. I know, seems pointless and frustrating.
This information is stored as “metadata” embedded in the photo files themselves. You will have to transfer the photos to a PC or MAC and check the properties to see the EXIF data which will show the GPS Coordinates.

If you like you may want to install an APP to see it on your phone I just did a quick search not sure how well this will work but you get the idea

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=pkgGeo.Geotag&hl=en&token=XQSY5YbT

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20