s7 Active - Several Photo Albums Missing From Gallery

SftWrmRain

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I opened my phone this evening and discovered several missing albums from my gallery. I had labeled my albums with a number in front of the name, so that the ones of my choice would remain at the top (1Erica, 2Jason, etc). All of these are now missing.

I got this phone just about a month ago. I have searched in My Files for them and can't find any of the pictures in these albums anywhere. Help? :(

Chris Parsons

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you have Google Photos backup enabled? If so, they might have been uploaded there. That won't explain how they went missing but it might help them be uh, not missing lol.

SftWrmRain

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I did not.

I have searched my entire phone's files for the labels I used for many of the pictures and nothing is found, for any of them. They seem to be gone, but I am unsure why.

My only saving grace is going to be that many of the photos are ones I imported from my old phone and they still exist there. I can re-transfer those to this phone but I would really like to know what happened so as to prevent it from happening again. Everything I've added since I got this phone is gone. :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Were the pictures saved to the internal drive or a SD card? If a SD card, can you put that card in your computer and see them? Have your restarted the phone? Have you done a system wide clear cache?