Increase screen sensitivity for Samsung Galaxy S7

android_lover222

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I recently applied a screen protector and ever since the screen is horribly unresponsive. I need to increase the screen sensitivity. Is this possible?
Thank you.

android_lover222

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the swift reply. Are you certain of this? My last phone, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact had a glove-mode setting which increased screen sensitivity. Seems like a sensible option to me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung had that ages ago (I think on the Note 3 and S4), but not anymore for some reason. I know that from the Note 5, at least, I'm sure they removed that option because most of their screens still respond to gloves fairly well.

android_lover222

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. It could be the screen protector perhaps. I have a tempered glass one. Can you recommend any? I wouldn't want to risk screen damage by using a flimsy screen protector.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not a fan of tempered glass protectors, so I can't really recommend any as I haven't used any. I'm on T-Mobile's JOD, so adding one of those is a PITA and a big investment for a phone that might not be with me more than 6 months :p

Plus, I've used film protectors since the Note 2 and I've never had a scratch or crack (but then again, I'm not super careless with my phones either). But I do use the S-Pen heavily when I have a Note phone and so far the film ones haven't let me down.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not a fan of tempered glass protectors, so I can't really recommend any as I haven't used any. I'm on T-Mobile's JOD, so adding one of those is a PITA and a big investment for a phone that might not be with me more than 6 months :p

Plus, I've used film protectors since the Note 2 and I've never had a scratch or crack (but then again, I'm not super careless with my phones either). But I do use the S-Pen heavily when I have a Note phone and so far the film ones haven't let me down.

A 3 pack on amazon is $8. I'd say that's a pretty small investment.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok this is gonna sound weird but if you like glass screen protectors.

Go to Walmart there's a BlackWeb series. They may not be 100% what you're looking for but I had one on my s6 and iPhone 5-6 and never had any issues with them. It's a nice protector and relatively cheepbas well ($19.99 CDN) and I loved kt way more then any of the big names.

Waiting for a restock on the S7 this month then I'll be putting one on my s7

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I recently applied a screen protector and ever since the screen is horribly unresponsive. I need to increase the screen sensitivity. Is this possible?
Thank you.

I use the ishieldz flat glass protector with no sensitivity issue. The curved glass protectors have adhesive on the edges with no silicone film in the middle. This air gap causes poor sensitivity...been there and replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith