Galaxy S7 rebooting all the time and failing to start most times.

ddjones413

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a major issue with my S7, I have had it around 30-40 days and over the last three it started to reboot for no apparent reason. yesterday this changed from maybe once a day to constantly throughout the day and even not starting up at all.

I have run a delete of cache and a factory reset, these did not help with the issue but the factory reset has allowed me to start up my phone. If I try to install anything or operate any apps my phone freezes and restarts (sometimes sticks on Galaxy boot screen), on restart it displays a padlock which opens and then takes me to a screen to unlock my phone with the passcode but not my normal lock screen.

I have phoned my service provider who told me to take into a shop and they will send it off for repair/inspection not knowing how long it will take, obviously i'd love to avoid this and keep my phone but have failed to find a solution as of yet.

If anyone has any advice it would be great thanks,

Dan

Raul Huber

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Uninstall Facebook app. Most likely you used the pre-installed link to it. Had same issue. Service didn't help.

After that, reinstall from Google play. Make sure to update it before use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is curious--are you saying that installing Facebook on the phone using a preinstalled shortcut causes the phone to crash unpredictably? Where does the link direct you--not Google Play Store? Also, just to be sure, can you confirm that the Facebook app itself isn't preinstalled, but rather just a link?

k4zz41985

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I've just joined this forum because of having this exact problem. Mine even gets stuck in a bootloop when factory resetting. I went into Samsung repair centre and he started knodding as soon as i said freezing and restarting. He said he has seen it a lot and it's the main board.... he didn't even bother looking at the phone..

Unfortunately my warranty is void because the day after I started having issues, my son smashed my phone :( so the warranty is void and going to cost me £270.

aksokhal

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
hey! ddjones413 i am facing the same issue.... plz let me know if your camera is working?... i my case my S7 reboots when i open camera and take photos... then it just reboots.

Wayne Crannell

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a major issue with my S7, I have had it around 30-40 days and over the last three it started to reboot for no apparent reason. yesterday this changed from maybe once a day to constantly throughout the day and even not starting up at all....

If anyone has any advice it would be great thanks,

Dan

My problem was Facebook Messenger. Uninstalled and the reboot and overheating disappeared. I think the service that runs the notifications caused it. I tested by reinstalling it, and the problem reappeared.

robert peake

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
my wifes s7 been doing he same thng, rebooting, getting really hot then switching off, just in a loop. ive had to send mine off to samsung to be looked at. Im hoping they will send a new phone rather a refurb but not impresed with samsung really hard to get hold of anyone and they really dont seem to care when delaing with them on the phone.
samsung said it will take about two weeks trouble is im struggling to find a link n the website where you can track the repair, ive seen it but cant find it anylonger.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
My S7 started rebooting itself periodically for about the last week. Started after some update that said it included some Samsung cloud stuff. It has bootlooped only a couple of times, but pulled out of it by itself each time after a couple of restarts. Most times, the only reason I knew it rebooted was because it requested my pin to unlock it and wouldn't accept my fingerprint. I noticed today that power saving mode was on and I don't recall ever turning that on. I turned it off and its been pretty good for the last 8 hours (It rebooted itself about 10 times today before that). I'll report back later if it appears successful or note if it wasn't, but figured others might try this and test it as well. It could be a particular app being placed into power saving mode that could be causing this, but if its a cause, it could be a start to finding a solution.

Rob T1

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. Had to get my phone warranty relpacrd. It was a bad software update. Factory reset did not help. When I go to my replacement I declined the update

motimou

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Back on and for now works fine. The service changed the circuit board and back cover. No charge. We have 2 years warranty in Europe.

MathewsJD

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I have the same fault with my S7, the phone just crashes when you take a picture with the main camera, it is fine when using the front facing one though; strange and very annoying. Please let me know if you have found a way of solving this

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,. Just joined this forum for this very issue.
Im in Canada on the telus network. I have had my GS7 since May and until Sept 2016 never had an issue at all. Then I allowed it to update the firmware and have had nothing but rebooting almost every day. I took it into the local store and they sent it away to be repaired (reinstalled the firmware) as far as i know. It was good for a week or two then it began again. Just as before, multiple times a day. Yesterday morning it started rebooting and freezing and this lasted for over half an hour. I wiped it this evening and had to endure an hour of rebooting and freezing before I could get it back to some kind of working phone. When it started yesterday it was updating a couple of apps (not facebook) from the Play Store. I am beyond frustrated with this, i've talked to a couple of other people that Have GS7s and GS7 Edge, all having similar issues. I am planning on sending it out again and hopefully another time after that to get a lemon replacement for it.

Werner Weihs-Sedivy

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,
have the S7 edge for some 4 months now and have that rebooting issues since a week now (15.1.).
Most often rebooting is initiated a short time after starting a charging cycle with the original charger.
I have a moderate number of apps on there (about 150 incl. system apps) Android is V 6.0.1, build is MMB29K.G935FXXS1BPLC, security patch level is Dec. 1 2016
Anything I can do to get rid of that behaviour?

hints (also for further inspection) apprectiated!

Thx, Werner

Werner Weihs-Sedivy

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey all!

I was able to fix that faulty behaviour with wiping the system cache (which also brought up one faulty update which the system had not been able to apply). The page DroidGuy (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Troubleshooting) did have the right cookook receipt to get it done:

Delete System Cache

Minor firmware and hardware glitches can be fixed by deleting the system cache. In fact, we technicians always recommend doing it before performing any of the reset procedures:

Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Press and then hold the Home and Volume UP keys, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge shows on the screen, release the Power key but continue holding the Home and Volume Up keys.
When the Android logo shows, you may release both keys and leave the phone be for about 30 to 60 seconds.
Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options and highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Once highlighted, you may press the Power key to select it.
Now highlight the option ‘Yes’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to select it.
Wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset. Once completed, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and press the Power key.
The phone will now reboot longer than usual.

Now working completely stabel for more than 24 hours - hope it stay like that :)

campbell01

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi there
first time poster from Aus. My S7 got an update at the end of 2016 ever since then its been freezing , with pixilated line then getting stuck in what I think is a boot loop , getting hot. I have wiped the cache a couple time if times and it still freezes. Sometimes it goes dead straightaway. One thing Ive noticed as it boots to the system menu for wiping the cache it tries to install an update then it fails and shows me a yellow dead android figure then I go and wipe the cache.Is it a faulty update or a faulty board ? Thinking of going to the repair man and getting a new board

jdr88

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Joined the forum to report the same issue, started happening the first time early this year. Can't remember if a particular software update caused the issue, but today it's happened again - exactly the same issue as campbell01 described. I'm hoping this is a software/firmware issue and I don't have to send my phone away - this time around I can't even get back into it to do a backup.

I managed to fix it the first time using delete system cache, this time that gets it into the main screen past the logo, but then freezes and repeats, even in safe mode.. While this is all happening, it also gets quite hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon