SD Card Died - All Data Lost =(

Ruby_Soho

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, to my horror, I noticed all my photos & music were gone from my Samsung Galaxy S7 device. I was using an 8GB Sandisk SD card, as well as device memory. Called AT&T, no avail. Went to a local AT&T store, no avail. Spent hours trying to recover my data, no avail. My PC won't even read my SD card, which can only mean bad news (I tried formatting & possibly recovering everything afterward, but the card would not even format). My old Galaxy S5 reads it as "SD Card Blank or Has Unsupported Files" & my current S7 reads at as "Corrupt SD Card". It was then when I realized the card is about 5 years old, and I'm wondering why I never thought to replace it. It just always worked fine, so I never even thought about it. Lesson learned.

All that said, I know the chances of getting my data back are slim; however, I just think if the government can recover Hillary Clinton's deleted emails, there must be a way to recover data from a personal SD Card lol If anyone has ever experience this or has a solution, I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Jack

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Good luck on recovering the data. In the future, despite the newness of any SD card, let Google Photos back up all of your photos (it does it immediately when you take a picture and you can choose which folders on your device to back up, so you can even back up Downloaded pictures, etc). Then use Google Drive or Dropbox to periodically back up your music or anything else on your SD Card.

Ruby_Soho

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Good luck on recovering the data. In the future, despite the newness of any SD card, let Google Photos back up all of your photos (it does it immediately when you take a picture and you can choose which folders on your device to back up, so you can even back up Downloaded pictures, etc). Then use Google Drive or Dropbox to periodically back up your music or anything else on your SD Card.
Thanks for the feedback!

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Your data is most likely lost :( You can use some recovery software, but it might not be that successful. I tried that one time and had mostly bad results.

On the bright side, now is the chance to upgrade to something a LOT bigger, like a 64gb card. You can get a good brand for pretty cheap these days. 8gb is practically nothing these days.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The problem is, my PC won't even read the card. My phone reads it as "blank" - sucks.
Correct, use the recuva software on the "blank" sd card and it will recover quite a bit. If you can, run the software with the card directly in your computer, not in your phone. The software is really good, have used it to recover files from corrupted sd cards and flash drives quite a bunch for friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678