Sorry Apple: The iPhone 7 camera is not better than Samsung's Galaxy S7 (via Business Insider)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good read - Thanks for sharing. I'll be looking forward to Android Central/Mobile Nations comparison and results.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I agree to a certain point, in daylight I cant see much difference between the two...taking photos in darker areas like heavy tree cover or late in the evening with low light the s7 blows away the iphone 7 camera. Indoors with low light, no contest s7 ftw

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Judging by what I've read so far, other than the second telephoto lens, Apple didn't spend too much time fussing with optics. They took the software route, figuring they could throw a thousand engineers at it and magically make the camera do something out is physically incapable of doing.

Feedback is coming in and the iPhone 7 camera might not be any better than the 6S... Other than the 7+'s zoom, it's pretty much the same.

So logic would dictate that since the S7 was better than the 6S... I don't think a 2x zoom is going to shift the scales that much.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
But for Apple fans, they won't care.... They will believe whatever Apple convinces them into believing. Even if the new iPhone is a repackaged "6" with slight enhancements. Hence why there is a 1hr+ wait at my local Apple store.

Last edited by a moderator:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's be a bit more dignified, shall we? You can make your point about Apple product updates being minor in nature, yet causing many Apple product purchasers to line up for hours, without resorting to name-calling. I don't understand why they don't just wait a day or two...

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why they don't just wait a day or two...

Because they are sheep(s). One follows the other. If Apple launched an iBrickAnd, there will be hundreds of ppl waiting on line to check it out.

More importantly, status symbol and be one of the "first" to claim such a product... Realistically, basically sheep(s). I know there's no plural word for sheep. But sounds way better with a "s".

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Because they are sheep(s). One follows the other. If Apple launched an iBrickAnd, there will be hundreds of ppl waiting on line to check it out.

More importantly, status symbol and be one of the "first" to claim such a product... Realistically, basically sheep(s). I know there's no plural word for sheep. But sounds way better with a "s".

Thought they launched iBrick in ios10? ;) Am kidding & know or read they had the issue fixed within an hour or two of reports coming in. So that is good.