Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, I'm in the UK and on the EE network.

I only ever seem to be connected to one of three data types:

1. 4G - amazingly fast
    2. H+ - not as good as 4G but still pretty fast
    3. H - data does not load at all when on H. If I try to open a web page or Facebook, etc, it will just continue to look like it's loading (the data/buffer wheel will be spinning) but nothing will ever load until it manages to switch back to either H+ or 4G

Does anyone know what is causing this issue when connected to H and how to fix it? Also, I've never seen my phone connect to 3G - any ideas? Are H and H+ just variants of 3G or something else entirely?

Finally, my girlfriend has an iPhone 6 on the same network (EE). There have been multiple times where her phone is displaying 4G but mine is only showing H or H+, yet we are standing right next to each other. Does it sound like there is an issue with my handset?

Many thanks in advance
    09-23-2016 09:22 AM
    Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, I'm in the UK and on the EE network.

I only ever seem to be connected to one of three data types:

1. 4G - amazingly fast
    2. H+ - not as good as 4G but still pretty fast
    3. H - data does not load at all when on H. If I try to open a web page or Facebook, etc, it will just continue to look like it's loading (the data/buffer wheel will be spinning) but nothing will ever load until it manages to switch back to either H+ or 4G

Does anyone know what is causing this issue when connected to H and how to fix it? Also, I've never seen my phone connect to 3G - any ideas? Are H and H+ just variants of 3G or something else entirely?

Finally, my girlfriend has an iPhone 6 on the same network (EE). There have been multiple times where her phone is displaying 4G but mine is only showing H or H+, yet we are standing right next to each other. Does it sound like there is an issue with my handset?

Many thanks in advance
    I have the exact same issue! Never managed to get anything to work with H signal. Not even a WhatsApp message. I contacted EE, sent the phone in to repair. Got it back, they said the software had corrupted, do they updated. I still got the same problem. Sent it in again for repair, they replaced the motherboard. Still the same problem. I spoke to EE again and after a few more diagnostics (booting in safe mode) theyve decided to send me a new s7 (turns up tomorrow), if that doesn't work I think I'm going to insist for a new type of handset!

So you should get in touch with EE, because it's not right and you are paying for a service you're not getting!
    09-30-2016 03:34 PM
    My problem is worse. People keep telling my phone is switched off randomly even though I have a signal. Never had this issue with my iPhone SE on the same carrier. The cell reception of this firmware that I have seems bad maybe. I've heard in the past that Samsung cell reception is not the greatest
    09-30-2016 03:40 PM
    My problem is worse. People keep telling my phone is switched off randomly even though I have a signal. Never had this issue with my iPhone SE on the same carrier. The cell reception of this firmware that I have seems bad maybe. I've heard in the past that Samsung cell reception is not the greatest
    Compared to my moto G 3rd gen the signal isn't as good. But it's not too bad. Motorola does have a reputation of being among the best around for getting signal.
    09-30-2016 04:03 PM
    Similar problem after last update but much bigger. Wifi works fantastic but network keeps dropping. NO NETWORK, which means no data or calls or sms. Changed sim no help. Reset to factory default. No help. Reloaded firmware latest version via keys NO HELP.
    So whats it ? Hardware issue ? Firmware issue ??
    The phone worked perfect for 6 months but not now.
    The last firmware update killed it !!!!!!
    10-01-2016 02:53 AM
    Similar problem after last update but much bigger. Wifi works fantastic but network keeps dropping. NO NETWORK, which means no data or calls or sms. Changed sim no help. Reset to factory default. No help. Reloaded firmware latest version via keys NO HELP.
    So whats it ? Hardware issue ? Firmware issue ??
    The phone worked perfect for 6 months but not now.
    The last firmware update killed it !!!!!!
    That's really odd! Have you got in touch with EE to get a new phone? Because that isn't right.

Update on mine, I've been sent a replacement phone but not sure if it's fixed the issue (everytime I try to test it h switches to h+ so I can't really tell, but it seems to not do anything until it switches to h+) they also sent a new sim so will try that (but my old sim worked fine in my moto G 3rd gen and my bosses nexus 6p).
    10-03-2016 04:26 PM
    this switching H TO H+ is ok. But if there is no network then no calls or SMS can be received.
    Yes will have to send it to the service. Btw mine is a European unlocked phone.
    10-04-2016 12:37 AM
    this switching H TO H+ is ok. But if there is no network then no calls or SMS can be received.
    Yes will have to send it to the service. Btw mine is a European unlocked phone.
    Yeah that's pretty awful! Oh OK, I was wondering if it was my carriers software messing it up, but maybe it is Samsungs? Hope you get it sorted out! If mine is still broken I'm going to request a new type of phone. Not sure what I'd go for though!
    10-04-2016 05:06 AM
    Mine 6 months old so I dont know if they can fix it as its a samsung software issue which causes network crashes.
    As the sim a new one works fine in another mobile S5 or Note 4 but on S7 works couple of hours then reboot needed.
    10-04-2016 06:55 AM
    Mine 6 months old so I dont know if they can fix it as its a samsung software issue which causes network crashes.
    As the sim a new one works fine in another mobile S5 or Note 4 but on S7 works couple of hours then reboot needed.
    We desperately need an OS update, my international S7 is still on the August security patch. Whatever happened to Google urging manufacturers to speed up security patch updates?!
    10-04-2016 09:57 AM
    Really? That's odd! My EE s7 is on September patch. You'd really think it would be the other way around.
    10-04-2016 01:58 PM
    I thought Samsung do a 2 year warranty. At very least you get 1 year. It's not working right through no fault of yours. Contact who you got it from and they should sort you
    10-04-2016 01:59 PM
    I'm on EE with my s7 too and I've honestly never noticed this issue til you mentioned it and now I can't help but notice my data transfer just dies on H connection. Wonder if it's a specific fault to EE?
    10-05-2016 04:16 AM
    I'm on EE with my s7 too and I've honestly never noticed this issue til you mentioned it and now I can't help but notice my data transfer just dies on H connection. Wonder if it's a specific fault to EE?
    Well at least 3 people here have the same issue, so probably! If I worked in a city I'd probably never notice but I work in the Welsh countryside so often h is the best I get. And it's pretty frustrating!
    10-05-2016 07:27 AM
    I thought Samsung do a 2 year warranty. At very least you get 1 year. It's not working right through no fault of yours. Contact who you got it from and they should sort you
    yep 2 years warranty will give it to them to fix it if they can
    10-05-2016 03:18 PM
    Has anyone had an progress on this? I've even sent the s7 in to Samsung and they couldn't find a problem. EE now want me to take screen shots and try someone in their store the problem, only trouble is that the signal is usually good in towns!
    10-21-2016 01:23 AM
    We desperately need an OS update, my international S7 is still on the August security patch. Whatever happened to Google urging manufacturers to speed up security patch updates?!
    Mine's on September. Also unlocked.
    10-21-2016 01:31 AM
    Mine is on September and locked to EE. Which is unusual as EE usually delay every update!
    10-21-2016 02:43 PM
    still on the august update here for God's sake
    10-21-2016 02:46 PM
    Think I have a similar issue. I have had a few instances of the network just not responding even when showing 4G but I had put it down to working in areas with patchy coverage. In the last week or so I've noticed it get worse even at home. Mine is locked to EE and I updated it a couple of weeks ago.

What I noticed today is that it could be an upload/request issue as even whatsapp messages are not being sent barely moments after receiving a message. Sometimes even toggling the airplane mode won't work.

There has to be some issue because even if you drop down to H+ or lower whatsapp msgs are just a few bytes of info.
    10-22-2016 03:48 PM
    Think I have a similar issue. I have had a few instances of the network just not responding even when showing 4G but I had put it down to working in areas with patchy coverage. In the last week or so I've noticed it get worse even at home. Mine is locked to EE and I updated it a couple of weeks ago.

What I noticed today is that it could be an upload/request issue as even whatsapp messages are not being sent barely moments after receiving a message. Sometimes even toggling the airplane mode won't work.

There has to be some issue because even if you drop down to H+ or lower whatsapp msgs are just a few bytes of info.
    That's rubbish. I'm seriously getting annoyed at mine now. And ee just seem to send me in circles, with nothing actually happening. I've convinced me to send me a new handset but I'm seriously considering selling it and just washing my hands of it. Use the money to get a moto z play or Oneplus 3 or similar. A shame as otherwise I like the s7, but I'd rather have a phone which works properly!
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:08 PM
    Anyone got any updates on this? I'm still having the same issue. No data whatsoever on H but H+, 3G and 4G are fine.

Samsung seem to thinks it's EE, and EE seem to think it's Samsung.

I read somewhere about a code that you can input on the phone's dialer to open a hidden menu where you can disable HSPA (H and H+) entirely, and so forcing the phone to only pick up 3G or 4G, which should fix this issue with no data on H. However, this code seems to be for the older Samsung Galaxy models, not the S7 - anyone got and ideas if you can access this on the S7?
    03-28-2017 07:40 AM
    Anyone got any updates on this? I'm still having the same issue. No data whatsoever on H but H+, 3G and 4G are fine.

Samsung seem to thinks it's EE, and EE seem to think it's Samsung.

I read somewhere about a code that you can input on the phone's dialer to open a hidden menu where you can disable HSPA (H and H+) entirely, and so forcing the phone to only pick up 3G or 4G, which should fix this issue with no data on H. However, this code seems to be for the older Samsung Galaxy models, not the S7 - anyone got and ideas if you can access this on the S7?
    In the end I got fed up. I must have sent my s7 in 6 times between ee and Samsung. So I got a replacement one, sold it and bought a honor 8. It's definitely not as good as the s7 but at least it works on H! And to be honest, for how I use it the Honor 8 does most things as well as the s7. Screen isn't as good but still nice. Same as the camera. Feels just as fast. It is a shame though. I hope others who don't quit as readily as me get some answers soon!
    03-28-2017 09:13 AM