My galaxy s7 gets hot while doing simple things one time it got burning hot while watching a YouTube and it will get game playing hot while just surfing the Internet and one night I had it charging on my bed kind of under my pillow and I woke up it was so hot the message was up and then these red squares kept popping up i restarted it afterwards but it didn't happend any more I can't tell if this was because it wasn't getting enough air because of it being under the pillow... fast charging wasn't on and it gets really hot while on snap chat.... I've had it for a couple of months and it started doing this less than a month ago
    09-26-2016 02:29 PM
    That may need repairer attention.
    09-26-2016 03:51 PM
    They ran all diagnostics at the att store the battery was OK and stuff but when they did the diagnostics while on the phone with att they said that something with the system services running unusually high so she initiated a warranty exchange... The phone has no water damage or physical damage... I'm just worried that if I send it in they won't be able to replicate or see anything wrong with it because I think there is maybe...
    09-26-2016 05:17 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

Overheating can be caused by various things and from your description of your own phone it sounds like something is definitely wrong. You can hardly go on using it like that.
    I'll request the Moderators to move this thread to the S7 forum, where other users may have had similar experiences.
    09-26-2016 06:32 PM
    Mod note. Moved to the S7 forum.
    09-26-2016 06:50 PM
    Do you think they will see it as fit for a warranty exchange?
    09-26-2016 07:09 PM
    I've exchanged phones for less than what u describe...
    09-27-2016 11:47 AM
    Ok good lol Ive been worried because the phone is doing as i described but all the "if the phone is not eligible well send it back to you and you keep the new one and well charge you 650 for the new one" is freaking me out... but im sure it will be fine because the tech support wouldnt of started a exchange if it wasnt fit. thanks ive been stressing so bad about this.
    09-27-2016 03:49 PM
    Reports of cables and charges as culprits. A protective shell that interferes with cooling of course.

I turned off fast charging to be safe. The first 4-5 days after buying, constant use customizing, it got extremely hot (place against arm) that scared me. Then it stopped working, screen went black.

I now keep a backup phone.
    09-27-2016 06:31 PM
    My galaxy s7 gets hot while doing simple things one time it got burning hot while watching a YouTube and it will get game playing hot while just surfing the Internet and one night I had it charging on my bed kind of under my pillow and I woke up it was so hot the message was up and then these red squares kept popping up i restarted it afterwards but it didn't happend any more I can't tell if this was because it wasn't getting enough air because of it being under the pillow... fast charging wasn't on and it gets really hot while on snap chat.... I've had it for a couple of months and it started doing this less than a month ago
    See what's using the battery, or if you're using an SD card, take it out and see if it stops. Media server might be running wild.
    09-27-2016 08:30 PM
    Mine has been unusually warm since the last update (last week).
    09-27-2016 09:27 PM