Severe Battery Drain Issue

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I've had my S7 for a couple of months, and I've not really had issues with the battery until now. Last night I noticed that my phone was running slow after updating some apps including Facebook, the best buy app and my Oculus app. I let them update, then I restarted my phone. I set my alarm for 7am this morning, and placed it on my Samsung wireless charging pad. The phone was on when I went to sleep. I randomly woke up a little after 7, and my phone was turned off on the pad. I turned it on and in the last hour it has drained 30% battery. My phone has stayed warm all morning so far and Android system is uaing 38% of my battery as of now. Phone is slightly sluggish. I already tried a reaet using the volume and power buttons. No change. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1226.jpg
    1226.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 33

woodri47

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated and noticed the exact same issue. I don't currently have facebook installed and I am in the process of cleaning my device a little more, but it isn't really in high use. I unplugged the phone from my charger at 630 AM this morning and I am at 32% with light use. 40% of the batter is at Android system 14% is for Google app 9% is for screen and 8 % for android OS. This is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable and we need a patch for this bug.

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It's the Oculus app update. My phone, after the update behaved like yours. The battery plummeted and the phone got hot and stayed that way. A look at the system just showed the generic "Android System" was hammering the battery. In my case, Oculus was the only thing that auto-updated (I won't let it do that again).

Yesterday afternoon, I was ready to uninstall Oculus and low and behold, they pushed another update which seems to have fixed the issue. We'll see.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
It's the Oculus app update. My phone, after the update behaved like yours. The battery plummeted and the phone got hot and stayed that way. A look at the system just showed the generic "Android System" was hammering the battery. In my case, Oculus was the only thing that auto-updated (I won't let it do that again).

Yesterday afternoon, I was ready to uninstall Oculus and low and behold, they pushed another update which seems to have fixed the issue. We'll see.

This still is not resolving the issue because I updated Oculus last night. I solved it by uninstalling all Oculus related and Samsung vr related apps. I tried just uninstalling Oculus and every time I restarted, it was back and hadn't uninstalled. So I got rid of all of it and it's working normally now. I never used vr that much anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38