Samsung S7 edge - blurry photos, slow autofocus?

Prizm4

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, when I first got my S7 Edge when it came out, the camera was fantastic. But it just seems to have slowed down over the months - as in the shutter speed and autofocus speed. More and more I seem to have to touch the screen to get it to focus properly when taking photos or video. My last lot of photos were taken indoors and had motion blur. I swear if I took the same shots 6 months ago, they would've been nice and sharp.

I'm using the stock standard app, no rooting, no custom firmware. The phone is still in like-new condition (no scratches on the camera, etc). It uses the Exynos chip, not the SnapDragon one. I installed Samsung GoodLock a couple months ago, but I wouldn't think that would affect it? Aside from that I only have basic apps installed, nothing heavy (one game, a couple banking apps, video player etc).

Any thoughts?

thanks

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Id had great luck with the camera until the most recent (sept)update which is killing my battery. Focus suddenly turned terrible... everything blurry. Tried manual. No luck. Looked at the film over the lens (my install when I got it) and it looked fine. Took it off anyway and...
My shots returned to crystal clear.