Problems with the S7?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an S7 soon. I was just wondering if there are any consistent issues with it? I see some mentioned in the forums but some might be with only one person or resolved, so I was hoping some of you could tell me if there are any recurring issues. Btw I'd be getting it from AT&T. Thanks in advance!

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The S7 Edge is my first Samsung phone and I've owned countless devices since the mid nineties. I was never attracted to Samsungs' products because of the cheap plastic materials, but with the S7, they got it right. I've had no real problems with this phone and there's some very impressive features. I will say that I notice a fair amount of heat generated during wireless charging, but I've been told that's the nature of inductive charging. Heat only becomes an issue when using the Gear VR headset and it shuts down to cool off after fifteen minutes or so. To me, VR is in it's infancy and sampling it with Gear VR is just getting a taste of what's to come, so it doesn't get much use. Overall, the S7 is a great phone and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an S7 soon. I was just wondering if there are any consistent issues with it? I see some mentioned in the forums but some might be with only one person or resolved, so I was hoping some of you could tell me if there are any recurring issues. Btw I'd be getting it from AT&T. Thanks in advance!

If you want a reliable camera, don't. I've been having and have heard from others that the camera takes pictures but doesn't save them. One out of every five or eight for me, don't save. If I wasn't paying on it still through my carrier, I'd switch back to iPhone.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Worked great for me since I got it on release day until about three weeks ago when it started rebooting out of the blue. Yesterday, it rebooted three times in a 2-3 hour span...

yobil

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
If you want a reliable camera, don't. I've been having and have heard from others that the camera takes pictures but doesn't save them. One out of every five or eight for me, don't save. If I wasn't paying on it still through my carrier, I'd switch back to iPhone.

Im wondering what issue you had with the camera. Ive been using the camera almost every day and i have yet to encounter troubles with it. The S7/S7 Edge is the best smartphone camera out there.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
First thing I'd do in your case is go to the carrier and ask for a replacement device or at least a fix from warranty. I take upwards of 50 pictures a day and they all save properly.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my S7 today from FedEx and it has purple marks over the screen. I uploaded a photo with the purple lines and dots. If you look closely you can see it in the keyboard section.

8ba966e6d559c6a40de912779f736b9a.jpg

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't see anything, because a screenshot will not catch hardware screen defects. I suggest you send it back.
On second thought you're right. I guess when I was uploading the picture the purple marks were in the way so I thought thy were in the actual screenshot. My apologies. Anyway, I emailed samsung since I got this through themail and hopefully they just send me another one. I really want to enjoy the phone but these purple marks are really ruining it for me 😟

Here's a better picture.

705a2079b85ddc3cc614c440791b9d77.jpg

Last edited:

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You've been doing nothing but complaining about the S7 in ALL your posts. And you haven't backed any of it up with facts. Not once. Give it a rest, Bucko.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol