Pulse-Width Modulation - problem or not?

clarris67

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have a question to you, owners of the Galaxy S7. As we know from other threads Galaxy S7 uses PWM to control screen brightness. I am interested in this phone and it has been my favourite to buy. I read many reviews and I was really satisfied for what I saw. And then I entered the Notebookcheck's review of S7 and realised what PWM is. As a result... I have very big question mark when it comes to buying this phone. PWM is seem to be a big defect for me, it's hard to believe that such a company can release a phone, which can produce headaches and eye strain or even make flickering visible to some group of people!

Some people say it's a big problem, but reviewers excluding Notebookcheck don't even mention that and say it's a perfect screen. So I have a question to you - what is the truth? Can you see the problem, do you feel bad after using the screen for a long time, is it possible to see flickering at 236 Hz? Thanks in advance for you answers!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I spend hours using my phone and don't experience any eye strain. I read books, play word games, browse, text, you-name-it and NEVER has the screen bothered my eyes. I also had no issues with the Note 2 which I use every day, also. Me thinks you worry WAY too much. Chill. There is no perceptible flicker.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, but there is a small population that is very sensitive to this ficker and can see it and be affected by it when the majority of the population can't and aren't.

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Ah, but there is a small population that is very sensitive to this ficker and can see it and be affected by it when the majority of the population can't and aren't.

Well, in that case you can always use an external monitor or just have the phone at full brightness 24/7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11