International S7 still on August Patch

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
What the heck, it's the 11th of October and I still don't have the September Security Patch on my phone despite it being announced that it was released for the S7/S7 Edge last month.

What gives? I keep manually checking everyday but no luck.

I have the international / unlocked S7

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
A grey import is something that was meant for another country but brought to your country for selling. Doesn't matter if it's original or not, but Samsungs are region locked. It may not update properly if it's still region locked. You'd have to try contacting Samsung in your country.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
A grey import is something that was meant for another country but brought to your country for selling. Doesn't matter if it's original or not, but Samsungs are region locked. It may not update properly if it's still region locked. You'd have to try contacting Samsung in your country.

oh no then it's not a grey import. I even tried connecting using my VPN to both a UK and US Server then checked for updates. Nada

floflo

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
German not branded s7 doesn't have any update since August as well. The branded ones have the September update already, so it might come to us soon as well.

PS: have a look at sammobile.com for news