Current S7 software

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. New to Android and bought a S7 off swappa. It's the AT&T version and I noticed I am on July security patch. Is that the current version?

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've only had the phone 3 days, so I can't say. My guess is no. The monthly updates are security patches, not necessarily performance fixes. I'm sure if you were to use the power saving mode the battery would last much longer at the expense of performance. I haven't enabled power saving yet, but I may eventually. I know it made a huge difference on my HTC M8 phone.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the phone 3 days, so I can't say. My guess is no. The monthly updates are security patches, not necessarily performance fixes. I'm sure if you were to use the power saving mode the battery would last much longer at the expense of performance. I haven't enabled power saving yet, but I may eventually. I know it made a huge difference on my HTC M8 phone.

How's your battery life?

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
How's your battery life?

I work from home so I top it off a couple of times during the day. I'm guessing if I didn't I would get maybe 8 - 10 hrs of use. Hopefully that improves over time (and, once I stop playing with it so much.) I really like the phone, so as long as I have a way to keep it charged I'm not too concerned about it. My wife has a wireless charger she doesn't use so I've taken that over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance