Zedge alternative

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So I have Zedge but the choices don't seem so grand me to me. I like to have personal notification and call sounds for my contacts.

So I'm looking for an alternative

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to limit yourself to an app. When I'm looking for ringtones (I usually look for '80s era 8-bit video game sound effects), I'll just do a Google search for those kinds of mp3 or wav files. Download them to either your computer or phone, then copy them to the Ringtones, Notifications, or Alarms directory (depending on what you want to use them for).

RiTCHiE007

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay awesome thanks! I'm so used to apple ring tones so used to having to go threw something. Thanks!

And if you want to change the notification sounds then put all your sounds into the notification folder on the internal memory of the phone. Then when you pop open the notification settings to change the sounds then you will see them listed right there between the other one's

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My notification folder is EMPTY :eek:
Opening My Files and navigating to device storage/notifications, there's nothing
listed but of course I have several notification sounds. Where would they be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The preinstalled system tones don't show up in that directory -- they're in a protected system directory that you can't access (unless you're rooted). The Notifications directory that you can access is for your own custom tones.