Blackberry Services and Hub

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Anybody is using BB Services and the BlackBerry Hub on the S7? I heard it has a big impact on the battery. Can I have some thoughts of who is using it on battery and as overall experience? Thank you

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Really want to try this, but wonder if it acts as a launcher, or will it play nice with Nova?

I have downloaded just yesterday. So far so good. I'm using also the calendar, tasks, notes, search (very good), contacts and password. I just didn't install the BlackBerry launcher (maybe will give a try on the weekend). I wonder why they do not include the keyboard on the pack as well. You have a 30 days free trial and then it's 1 dollar a month the subscription. You can still use the Hub without subscription but than you'll have to live with some adv. If it goes well I'll subscribe the services. It does not act as a launcher unless you opt for the BlackBerry launcher. If I change my mind or find something wrong I'll come back. So far I'm loving it in particular the integration of the calendar with the Hub.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the Hub for several months. Only one thing I really hope is implemented soon is a night mode / dark theme. Other than that I love the functionality. I use Action Launcher 3.10.x and have even gone so far as to set the swipe from the left gesture to open the Hub like my BB10 (Z10) of old.
The BB Launcher still needs to code in a lot of the gestures, hence the use of AL3. I have yet to find the keyboard, I miss 'flicking' words up.. I haven't noticed any major battery drain, either.

Petabytes

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Can someone report what's the ad-base Hub look like or behave after the trial period? Is it just add the ad. on the UI or insert the ad. link in the email content. Is it annoying?

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I only see an occasional add at the top of the page. A simple swipe away and you can just flow right past it.. I debated the fee, but after using it with the adds, I really found that it wasn't so overwhelming or oppressive to just swipe away and move on..
I tried the BB Launcher, but it is still in it's early stages and lacks many of the gesture features that I have become accustomed to with Action Launcher 3.10.x . I will have to keep trying it out as it matures.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Dark Theme added... and I decided to spring for the add free version a few months back..
The BlackBerry team is hard at work getting the Hub to be a truly invaluable tool.
I have side loaded the BlackBerry keyboard and I'm flicking words left and right. It's the real BlackBerry keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae