S7 Shows "Fast Charging" but battery doesn't charge.... **pics**

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you constantly bring the battery down to 10% or lower, it's probably shot by now. What they never tell you and leave for the experts (see Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries) is that you should NEVER let the battery run down past 40% (50% is even better) before charging it. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries.

With a shot battery it could take hours to go from 10% to a true 100% (that's 100% plus about 15 minutes).

km6409

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I always thought killing it was what you SHOULD do. Guess I was given some false info.... 20 years late -_-

Think verizon will cover this?

I should add, I never had an issue with battery until today. I do kill the battery to under 25% majority of the time (3-5 times per week my phone charges)

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If you constantly bring the battery down to 10% or lower, it's probably shot by now. What they never tell you and leave for the experts (see Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries) is that you should NEVER let the battery run down past 40% (50% is even better) before charging it. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries.

With a shot battery it could take hours to go from 10% to a true 100% (that's 100% plus about 15 minutes).

That's a myth. It doesn't apply to newer batteries anymore (like the calibration).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nickle-cadmium batteries had to be cycled like that. Nickle-metal-hydride did, but not as much. Lithium is a totally different chemistry. (NiCd and NiMH are pretty deep-discharge batteries, lithium is a light-discharge battery.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae