Help with the Samsung Galaxy S7

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 from AT&T today and I have a few questions. I've been playing around with it and I'm having trouble. Please bear with me as I'm transitioning from an iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy S7. I can't figure out how to get rid of the app drawer. I want all of my apps on the home screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of the app drawer? I also can't figure out how to get rid of apps. I go to the app drawer and tap on an app and drag and drop it on the remove trash icon in the upper left hand corner. Then when I go back to the app drawer the app still shows up. Am I doing something wrong? AT&T put a ton of apps on the phone and I don't want all of the apps because I'm never going to use them. If I get rid of the weather widget that is pre-installed on the phone how do I get it back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't get rid of the App Drawer in Samsung's TouchWiz launcher. You'd have to install an alternate launcher like Action Launcher, ASAP Launcher, or MIUI Launcher.

To uninstall an app, open the App Drawer, long-press the icon, and drag it to the Uninstall option. Don't do this on the homescreen, because that only gets rid of the shortcut from the homescreen. Not all apps can be uninstalled -- system apps and preinstalled "bloatware" apps typically can't be uninstalled if you're not rooted (which is kind of like jailbreaking in iOS). You might be able to Disable them (in the App Manager -- select the app there and look for a Disable button), which prevents the app from opening or updating.

If you removed the weather widget from the homescreen and want to put it back, long-press any empty part of a homescreen, tap Add Widget, and look for the weather widget. Long-press it and drag it back to the homescreen.

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 from AT&T today and I have a few questions. I've been playing around with it and I'm having trouble. Please bear with me as I'm transitioning from an iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy S7. I can't figure out how to get rid of the app drawer. I want all of my apps on the home screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of the app drawer? I also can't figure out how to get rid of apps. I go to the app drawer and tap on an app and drag and drop it on the remove trash icon in the upper left hand corner. Then when I go back to the app drawer the app still shows up. Am I doing something wrong? AT&T put a ton of apps on the phone and I don't want all of the apps because I'm never going to use them. If I get rid of the weather widget that is pre-installed on the phone how do I get it back?

International versions come with "Galaxy Labs" in the advance settings. One of the features removes the app drawer. The US versions do not have this for some reason. You can, however, search for the app and install it yourself. Search for "Galaxylabs-signed.apk." Before you can "side load" any app, you must first enable "Unknown sources" in settings / Personal / Lock screen and security. I have not personally installed this since I prefer the app drawer, so YMMV.

There are lots of app launcher replacements available in the Play store, which is probably a better option.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android!

I'm gonna join in and say get a different launcher. Personaly I'm using action launcher 3 which had a cool swipe left for all your apps. Or up for the drawer feature.

Mainly I hate clutter on my main screen. So I keep the most used apps on my screen and swipe to access anything else. I'm going to say I recommend it to you.

As I came from Apple after several years. I found this to be the easiest to use and set up.you can configure it to yours hearts desire and play around.

I included a screenshot so you can see my set up. I do knkw what the apps on the bottom are and I used custom themes. Trust me play around (I recommend only using the app store recommended things when your starting out )

Attachments

• 2782.jpg
    2782.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 25

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11