phone not recognized on PC

Eric Lipkind

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I want to load music onto my phone from my PC. When I plug in the phone to the PC, I hear the noise on the PC, so I know it is connected. However, the phone is not appearing in the drive listing. I run Windows 10. I have selected file transfer on the pull down menu on the phone. Any idea how to get it to appear?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I had searched for Smart Switch for PC and it didn't report PC versions.
I'll check it out.

EDIT:
Google play tells me Sammie's Smart Switch isn't compatible with my S7. ???
Any suggested app besides Samsung for the phone, that will work with the PC?.

Last edited:

lanric02

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
6-I found it on the Samsung site. Tried to install on the PC and got this error. Anyone know what it means? 'Error - 1603 Fatal Error During Installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.'

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
You might try SideSync. There are versions for the PC and S7. After it is installed USB drivers are installed on the PC. Even if you don't care to use SideSync itself at least the USB drivers are installed. Plug the phone into the PC using USB and the S7 will show up as a portable device. Just make sure you wake up the phone first or it will not show up on the PC.

Download SideSync

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Don't have a S7. Compatibility problem usually occurs on earlier models ( elder than Android 4.3). It is weird on S7. Samsung should know people want to transfer data to a latest device. You can find Smart Switch for PC at this page Samsung Smart Switch App
Edit: Just noticed that the OP seems didn't say it was a Samsung:confused: LOL. Forgive me. Anyway, I don't think any app or tool can recognize mobile phone before Windows.

Last edited: