Although I would have really loved to buy the S7 Edge, the deal I found on the S7 is pretty good at a much more affordable price. I was wondering, how is the phone for those who have it? Any problems? How is the overall experience?

P.S An Xperia Z2 user here. Hope the jump to S7 is justified.
    10-31-2016 09:14 AM
    Although I would have really loved to buy the S7 Edge, the deal I found on the S7 is pretty good at a much more affordable price. I was wondering, how is the phone for those who have it? Any problems? How is the overall experience?

The S7 is a good phone. There are a few tradeoffs, however, so you’ll need to see if those are worth the difference in price. Take a look at an early comparison here: Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge — which should you buy? | Android Central

In particular, the S7 has a smaller display, smaller battery, and doesn’t have the added features “edge” display provides. If none of this matters then the S7 will be just right for you.
    10-31-2016 09:23 AM

I've had both.

And I'd say if size of the screen isn't an issue, the S7 is better ergonomically. And the rest of the experience is EXACTLY the same.

I used the S7 in silver for 3 months. Then I switched to the 6s plus for God knows what reason. I wanted to switch back to the S7 but coming from the 6s plus I wanted to stay with a bigger screen so I went with the black S7 edge.

I will say this though, the black is a better color all around. I don't know if you care for the color or not. Go with the one you want but if i could go back in time I probably would've bought the S7 in black as well.

To answer your question, trust me friend, they're exactly the same. You won't be missing out on ANYTHING. Just the screen size. And the sexiness. That's all.

Another thing about the edge is that it looks futuristic. Which matters to me. Don't know if it does to anyone else. And don't worry about the software features of the edge. They're not really useful to be honest. Never used them. The S7 is just as good with features. Being ergonomic is a big feature for me.

Plus you'd be saving the headache to get the right screen protector and stuff.

AND I HAVE HAD THE Z2 as well. One of my all time favourites. Yes the upgrade is justified. Although I will say that oneplus 3 and some other budget options like axon 7 aren't bad options either. The S7 line up is the phone of the year for me still.
    10-31-2016 01:01 PM
    S7 is easier to hold and pocket. Glad we got the S7's instead of the S7E. And that's coming from long-time Note users...
    10-31-2016 02:21 PM
    I went from a 5.5" G3 to an S7. Took a little getting used too, but I love it. I honestly didn't like the curved screen on the edge and why I went with the 7.
    10-31-2016 08:54 PM
    Apart from the screen size, there's a bigger battery, but that's just about the important differences.

The Edge features aren't deal breakers IMO.
    10-31-2016 10:45 PM
    I went from an S6 to the S7 Edge and regretted it. I found the Edge too big and the curved screen does absolutely nothing for me at all - watch a movie and the edges curve round the sides of the screen. What's that all about! The edge launcher was fun to start with but I ended up not using it. I sold it and bought an S7 and I'm MUCH happier. A more pocketable size and it has everything the Edge has apart from the silly curved screen. The form factor of the S7 is pretty optimum for me.
    11-01-2016 11:56 AM
    I went from a note 7 to s7 (before that I had a LG G4). I am reading this and typing this eating a snack with my right hand and holding the phone in my left hand and typing with my left thumb. One handed use is a huge advantage. Also at work I love the pocketability ... I really am enjoying the phone.
    anon(9408097) likes this.
    11-01-2016 09:18 PM
    I went from an S6 to the S7 Edge and regretted it. I found the Edge too big and the curved screen does absolutely nothing for me at all - watch a movie and the edges curve round the sides of the screen. What's that all about! The edge launcher was fun to start with but I ended up not using it. I sold it and bought an S7 and I'm MUCH happier. A more pocketable size and it has everything the Edge has apart from the silly curved screen. The form factor of the S7 is pretty optimum for me.
    I never ever used the Edge screen on my previous Note 7 and S6 Edge+, nice gimmick to use for a few times then I never bothered.
    11-02-2016 10:57 AM
    If you happen to break the edge screen the cost to repair is $270. Flat screen phones average about $150. This may not matter if you insure your phone
    11-02-2016 06:41 PM