Your take on lag and app optimization for the Galaxy S7 edge

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new phone and the Note7 debacle has made my life a little bit harder and would love people's opinions. I was wondering how S7/S7 edge owners feel about lag and app optimization on their phones, now that the device has been on the market for nearly a year. If I stick with Sprint this December, I'll either go for the S7 edge or (*sigh*) consider the iPhone. However, I may switch to Verizon and get the Pixel XL depending on price points. I currently have a Nexus 6 that I'm using since I lost my N6P. There's little chance I'll wait until the S8 comes out.

My major gripe at the moment and concern is with lag and app optimization on Android phones. My Nexus 6 lags like no other phone I've used launching and using popular apps like Snapchat and even Google's own apps like Google Play Music. Snapchat is basiclly unusable on this phone and has been for some time. (I recognize that many of these problems are software problems, but Snapchat and many others seem recalcitrant towards fixing these problems on any devices but the iPhone.) Sometimes, the N6 lags on the lockscreen. The camera lags incessantly. And, of course, I've tried every amount of remedies without a consistent fix: factory resets, cache partitions, deleting and disabling apps, disabling battery optimization for several apps, upgrading (and downgrading) software. Using the thing (I refuse to call it a phone anymore) as little as possible has proven the only feasible solution.

Do you experience significant lag and app optimization problems on your S7/S7 edge? Specifically, with very popular social networking apps (Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Groupme), your camera, Google apps, and using features like app switching, multi-window, et al. I am a power user and simply have lost the capacity to deal with lag/poor app optimization any longer. Appreciate your honest opinion!

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I don't experience any lagg whatsoever. For me im getting atleast 13 to 15 hours a day with 4 or more hours of on screen time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084