text messages

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I am using the stock messaging app. I have noticed that when I text my daughter who has a s6 it shows when she has read what I sent her. Messages to other people don't. Not even the ones I send to my mom who also has a s7. Anyone know why?

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you both have Enhanced Messaging active.

Most likely. On AT&T, Advanced Messaging is enabled by default on the native texting app with the latest software upgrade. It works when sender and receiver both have Advanced Messaging and both are on an AT&T network with AT&T service. It's very limited, however, and seems to me to slow the delivery of all texts. I disabled the feature on my phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Most likely. On AT&T, Advanced Messaging is enabled by default on the native texting app with the latest software upgrade. It works when sender and receiver both have Advanced Messaging and both are on an AT&T network with AT&T service. It's very limited, however, and seems to me to slow the delivery of all texts. I disabled the feature on my phone.

Unless Advanced Messaging is different from Enhanced Messaging, it should work with all S7's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae