iPhone things I really miss

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a few little things that I cannot rectify.
1 the notifications on the lock screen are one line. Can this be expanded. ?
2 text messages or emails with dates cannot be quickly used to create events.
3 web app. I cannot find one that is anywhere near as smooth as Safari
4. Front facing camera is shocking really shocking and yes all beauty rubbish is turned down.

Don't get me wrong there are many things the S7 blows the iPhone or of the water with. Though these little things were so very useful.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey Scott, welcome to the forums mate! The notification can be big or small or none via settings.
I don't do events stuff so have no idea there...
Safari basically goes to google as does Samsung, so should be no difference there.
That selfie camera is the most hideous idea ever, it's nauseating!
In any case, welcome to Android, enjoy your amazing device and we'll see you around the forums!

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey Scott, welcome to the forums mate! The notification can be big or small or none via settings.
I don't do events stuff so have no idea there...
Safari basically goes to google as does Samsung, so should be no difference there.
That selfie camera is the most hideous idea ever, it's nauseating!
In any case, welcome to Android, enjoy your amazing device and we'll see you around the forums!
Hi Tim
Cheers for the warm welcome. Yes I do believe it is a good phone. I guess we all wish for the best of everything. What I meant about the web app. Is not so much the search engine etc. It's more the way things work. They resize when they need to etc. Things just don't seem to do that on any app I have found thus far. And the false virus messages I get are a big annoyance. I do have an anti virus but the little buggers still get through. And it's not a dodgy sites the last one was whilst on this very site..

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Slide down on the notification you want to expand.
2. Apple patented this and sued Samsung and HTC to remove that feature of identifying dates and numbers in the messages/emails/web for use in calendars and other stuff
3. What apps have you tried?

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Typical apple ruining the fun for everyone else.
Apps I have used are
Samsung browser
Chrome
UC
AD BLOCK
firefox
Opera.
Puffin
None of which are anywhere as fluid.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lack of fluidity on mine, but it's probably getting used to it. One thing noted about Safari is that it doesn't let you scroll beyond its loading capabilities, hence smooth. Chrome allows you to scroll to the bottom despite not fully loaded, hence it stutters when new stuff load. You can try adjusting the settings, like maybe turn off data saver. You can also try Chrome beta.

Mini browsers like Opera Mini are also smoother last I tried them, at the expense of features, so there is that.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
4. Front facing camera is shocking really shocking and yes all beauty rubbish is turned down.

Don't get me wrong there are many things the S7 blows the iPhone or of the water with. Though these little things were so very useful.
I have to agree with #2. I have never used apple but this is such a simple concept to me. With all this talk about AI etc why can't I just create a google calendar event from an Gmail discussing something that includes a date time and place... lol.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree with #2. I have never used apple but this is such a simple concept to me. With all this talk about AI etc why can't I just create a google calendar event from an Gmail discussing something that includes a date time and place... lol.
If you read my post it's because Apple patented it. No other company can legally use that feature unless Apple allows them. If Apple does not allow them and they put it, they may be legally banned from selling their product in the countries where Apple files a patent breach case.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
They have the ability on BB10, but I don't think Apple is worried. Damn fine os but without any future.
Yeah. They probably won't sue BB10. It's less than 1% of the phone market. Like how they only sued Samsung like 4 years after the facts when Samsung began to grow.

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations for your upgrade. Usually you loose many functions when you upgrade that's progress.