Message Send Delay

ethanvallivue

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So, when I try to send messages on my phone, sometimes, it'll take five or ten minutes to send them, or just come back with an error. I cannot replicate this consistently, I just know that it happens more often when I'm connected to my crappy university WiFi, which led me to believe that it was trying to send texts over WiFi (which, with how much it didn't work for Apple, I would be highly disappointed if Samsung was stupid enough to try this) but even with WiFi turned off, AND WiFi calling turned off, it still kept happening... I wiped the cache partition, the phone is new as of two weeks ago, and I factory reset on top of that... I resigned myself to the fact that it's my own personal curse where any tech I own doesn't work (like my brand new Dell xps that they want to replace, because... That will fix things? I guess?) then I said NO! I will not put up with this anymore, I finally came to Samsung because nearly everybody has one, so I figured they'd be better than HTC... But at least with more people using them, maybe I can get some useful help... Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! It might have more to do with your carrier -- have you spoken with them about this?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Messages as in a text or an email? When I'm at my parent's house, I can rarely send an email (over 4G). It will stay in Gmail's outbox and give me a "sending"...but never send. Every once in awhile one will go out. I can use my phone over 4G there tho.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If on AT&T, and if using the native texting app, (Messages), go to its menu, settings, and switch off Advanced Messaging. See if that helps. Advanced Messaging is turned on by default, and it sucks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463