Is it possible to set a separate notification tone for all Chomp messages on Galaxy S7?

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
On the Galaxy S7, the notification tone for email and text messages is the same. I'd like to use a different tone for the text messages.

I have read here that it's possible to set a separate sms notification sound for each contact and that it's not possible to set a separate sound for groups, but what I'd like to do is use one notification sound for *all* Chomp text messages and one that is not the same as for email messages.

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Ah, now I see the problem. I can set a notification tone inside ChompSMS (thanks!), but can't find a way to set a (different) notification tone for email.

I tried by going to Samsung Email Settings | Notifications. All the email accounts say "Silent."

If I select an account, it says "Notification sound Silent". If I then click on "Notification Sound," a popup reads "Complete action using Chomp SMS (or) Media Storage." Do I need to select "ChompSMS" to set an email notification sound, or is there another way? Thanks.